Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
I really think Larry has earned our patience. I’ve been kind of wondering about that, but he has once again overachieved with a last-talented crew that has steadily improved, as Ma’ake notes. A very knowledgeable observer told me that he thought this team‘s biggest problem is its overall lack of basketball IQ. Even that seems to have steadily improved, and much of the problem can probably be attributed to their youth and inexperience. So, let’s see what the new recruiting class brings and how this team looks with Lahat playing and the other youngsters after coming back with a year under their belts.
Yes, I agree with most of this. Larry's strength is in player development: anyone who questions that need merely look at Kyle Kuzma. Poetl and to some extent Delon were gift-wrapped stars. But Kyle was a player with seemingly no basketball knowledge as a redshirt freshman and four years later he's starring for the Lakers.

The knock on Larry, though, has always been consistency. Can he keep a pretty good freshman/sophomore class and what looks to be a good incoming class happy? The answer has been "no" in the past. To make Utah basketball relevant again the answer needs to be "yes."