Thread: Utah women's hoops

Utah women's hoops

An incredible seaaon so far. If you havent been paying attention, they beat 6th ranked stanford this afternoon. Their only loss was a buzzer beater by asu after the refs missed a blatant foul on the other end.

Whats more is they are doing this with an 8 player rotation. Of the 13 scholarship players, 2 are transfers in and redshirting. 1 tore her acl against asu. 1 transferred out earlier this month. 1 is still getting academically eligible. Of the 8 active, 4 are freshmen.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    An incredible seaaon so far. If you havent been paying attention, they beat 6th ranked stanford this afternoon. Their only loss was a buzzer beater by asu after the refs missed a blatant foul on the other end.

Whats more is they are doing this with an 8 player rotation. Of the 13 scholarship players, 2 are transfers in and redshirting. 1 tore her acl against asu. 1 transferred out earlier this month. 1 is still getting academically eligible. Of the 8 active, 4 are freshmen.
    If Lynne Roberts isn't national COY, there had better be a very compelling reason. Since I don't follow women's hoops anywhere near the extent I do the men's game, I'm not going to say one doesn't exist, but if it does, it would be a really bad break for Lynne. I wasn't a fan of the extension given her this offseason (as one who followed the team during the Elliott years and has the greatest respect for Elaine, the extension for a coach who hadn't done anything near to what Elaine did was almost insulting to the program and its fans), but she's more than earned it going forward.

I drove the 3 hours from Twin Falls yesterday with my teen daughter to be at the game. Was able to get floor seats for $10. Would've easily paid $30 apiece for some of the several courtside seats that went unused. Had a blast -- the close game and Utah win certainly helped. There's a lot of good and some mediocre about the event production and entertainment emphasis, but I can say this with emphasis: If you're not doing anything on a Sunday afternoon, and you choose not to be at either of the two remaining Sunday games this year, you're doing it all wrong in life.

Absolutely devastating end to the season last night, losing to 11 seed Washington in the first round of the pac-12 tournament. Down to 7 healthy players, it sounds like the team will decline any postseason invites (out of running for ncaa tournament). Still there is a lot of reason for optimism with this program.