Thread: TMobile Tourney Time - pac 12 tournament in vegas

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Sure would be nice if some of our three point attempts would fall.

I think I could've gone 2-23 on half-court heaves this season.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

Interesting to see similarly coached teams in Utah and Oregon St., who were so hyper-focused on getting byes come out flat in their respective games. I suppose we should be rooting for Oregon vs. Colorado if we want the league to get three bids.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    I suppose we should be rooting for Oregon vs. Colorado if we want the league to get three bids.
    I'm not sure I care about how many bids the league gets. There is some small amount of money involved for us, but it's not enough to make me root for teams that beat us down. I'd rather have CU than Oregon steal a bid if someone has to.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Interesting to see similarly coached teams in Utah and Oregon St., who were so hyper-focused on getting byes come out flat in their respective games. I suppose we should be rooting for Oregon vs. Colorado if we want the league to get three bids.
    Do you think ASU gets in without at least winning tonight? I think the PAC 12's best chance would be CU over ASU in the title game. CU has a really nice chance to set themselves up here. From what I understand they should have just about everyone back next year so a nice run this year puts them in a position to be one of the favorites in the conference heading into next year.

The PAC 12 desperately needs a couple of teams to emerge as nationally relevant juggernauts to fill the void of UCLA and Arizona--right now UW and CU seem best positioned to do this (though they are still a far cry from the powerhouses that UCLA and Arizona have been/are supposed to be).

Quote Originally Posted by UBlender View Post
    Do you think ASU gets in without at least winning tonight? I think the PAC 12's best chance would be CU over ASU in the title game. CU has a really nice chance to set themselves up here. From what I understand they should have just about everyone back next year so a nice run this year puts them in a position to be one of the favorites in the conference heading into next year.

The PAC 12 desperately needs a couple of teams to emerge as nationally relevant juggernauts to fill the void of UCLA and Arizona--right now UW and CU seem best positioned to do this (though they are still a far cry from the powerhouses that UCLA and Arizona have been/are supposed to be).
    As of this morning, Joe Lunardi has ASU at the top of his list for his last four byes. A couple of teams on that list are still playing (Temple, Ohio St.) and a couple that are in the last four in/first four out are still playing as well (Florida, Alabama, Xavier). So there are certainly teams that could knock them out...but right now they seem pretty safely in.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by UBlender View Post
    Do you think ASU gets in without at least winning tonight?
    ASU is a lock if they win tonight, but I'm not sure a loss is that damaging. It's a Q2 loss on a neutral floor, right?