Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TMobile Tourney Time - pac 12 tournament in vegas

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post

I'm puzzled by our inability to defend for long stretches. Last night was a microcosm of our season. We were good in the first half, abysmal in the second half. Defense just shouldn't be so inconsistent. This year's defense was equally as bad as our defense in our 5-win season (2012 was 262nd, this year's 260th, per Pomeroy), and that team didn't have nearly the talent or the advantage of playing with leads. The parallels between this year's team and Giacoletti's last team are very concerning, and we all knew Ray had checked out well before the season was over with. What's Larry's excuse? If this is his one-year "sabbatical," there are worse things to have endured, but we can't see this extend into next year.
    I'm not sure our defensive effort changed. The pace of play changed for Oregon. They were able to force turnovers and get steals that led to easy baskets. They were also pushing the tempo off of defensive rebounds and even made shots, something they did not do in the first half. Maybe our lack of a bench caused us to be tired, which contributed to both the turnovers and the half-court defense. Gach played very little and when he was in thought he could dribble into double and triple teams. Neither Battin nor Topa provided help on either end of the court. Larry went with the guys he can trust and they ran out of gas.

Ducks get the win...so the Pac 12 is seemingly a 3 team league.

The Ducks go in with the auto bid and currently have a net ranking of 56 (which will go up)
    Washington carries a NET of 38, which will go down, but they should still be in.
    ASU may be back in the first four, but I still think they've got the best resume. Net ranking of 63.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Ducks get the win...so the Pac 12 is seemingly a 3 team league.

The Ducks go in with the auto bid and currently have a net ranking of 56 (which will go up)
    Washington carries a NET of 38, which will go down, but they should still be in.
    ASU may be back in the first four, but I still think they've got the best resume. Net ranking of 63.
    Ducks by 20.
    They might win a game or 2 in tournament.