Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: 2019 Offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    I don't know anything about this kid. Seems like a tweener though. 6'7" seems a bit small for a PF. Is he quick enough to be a SF?
    Apparently has a good shot.

I wonder if there's any chance of the late reclassification (a la Kuzma)? Of course guard is still where this team will face the most questions, even if this guy were coming this year his position is where Utah seems to be the most solid with Timmy Allen.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    Sounds like we're on the verge of securing a commitment from (or may have already secured a commitment from) another guy ranked in 247's, Rivals', and ESPN's top 100. For all the consternation around LK he's recruiting better than any Utah coach ever (at least on paper, of course).
    Who cares? He's not getting us into the tournament and his players are transferring by junior year. His bench coaching is bad to a bizarre extent, and the defense and discipline is lacking. Washington fired Romar with the no. 1 recruiting class in the country, because he couldn't get them into the tournament regardless of recruiting.

Also, however wowed you are by his recruiting, it's still in the bottom half of the Pac 12, if that's your sine qua non.

Why are you defending these coaches?
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Apparently has a good shot.

That dunk was a near miss. I hope the rim is okay.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

--Philo

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Who cares? He's not getting us into the tournament and his players are transferring by junior year. His bench coaching is bad to a bizarre extent, and the defense and discipline is lacking. Washington fired Romar with the no. 1 recruiting class in the country, because he couldn't get them into the tournament regardless of recruiting.

Also, however wowed you are by his recruiting, it's still in the bottom half of the Pac 12, if that's your sine qua non.

Why are you defending these coaches?
    Scratch didn't defend the coaches, he stated a fact about recruiting.

You have such a hard-on about getting Larry gone, you are arguing against things that people aren't saying. You have Larry Derangement Syndrome (I won't even comment on the irony of that acronym).
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Just announced on twitter that its official. Huge get for the program. Huge get for the program.

Interesting note on this kid..........his Dad played at BYU. His mom's cousin is the head coach at wasatch. Mark Pope went after this kid like crazy. He would have likely been a cougar but for Tim LaComb not coming back.

Sorry folks, there is not a chance in hell that Larry is going anywhere anytime soon.

Offer list:

Baylor, Texas, KSU, BYU, TCU, Texas A&M.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Scratch didn't defend the coaches, he stated a fact about recruiting.

You have such a hard-on about getting Larry gone, you are arguing against things that people aren't saying. You have Larry Derangement Syndrome (I won't even comment on the irony of that acronym).
    I never said he should be fired. I have never said that. I do, however, think he's been substantially underperforming and he needs to do a lot better.

--Albert Einstein

--Richard Dawkins

--Philo

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    I never said he should be fired. I have never said that. I do, however, think he's been substantially underperforming and he needs to do a lot better.
    You have come awfully close.

If there are mass transfers, a good lawyer should be able to find termination for cause grounds somewhere in the debacle, nixing the buyout or making a negotiation of a substantial discount possible.
    https://www.utahby5.com/showthread.p...l=1#post121280
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

SeattleUte is so misunderstood

Maybe fire the whole staff for cause. I'm not interested in defending this coaching staff with what abouts.

He's not getting us into the tournament and his players are transferring by junior year. His bench coaching is bad to a bizarre extent, and the defense and discipline is lacking. Washington fired Romar with the no. 1 recruiting class in the country, because he couldn't get them into the tournament regardless of recruiting. Why are you defending these coaches?

I say keep chasing ghosts until we hit on a worthy coach.

You have been totally predictable in your apologetics for this charlatan of a coach.

Too bad that his second NCAA appearance was so excruciating. Mark Few made us see reality as to where Krystkowiak sits in the coaching pecking order As has Altman.

He isn't "here now simply because of that buyout." Do you think you do him favors by saying that? See if you can wrap your intellect (such as it is) around all the implications of that. The AD could easily raise money to buy him out, and the University probably could fire him for cause and negotiate a discount or just tell him, eff off, sue us, cheater. Probably what Krystkowiak has going for him is that he and his two predecessors have over 15 years smothered a great deal of enthusiasm for the program.
    underneath it all, there's lots of hidden love and respect for this charlatan of a coach

SU's denials seem kind of...passive-aggressive.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Soto is out as color guy for mens hoops

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    Soto is out as color guy for mens hoops
    Sounds like he is just switching day jobs but will stay on the radio gig per his Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    Sounds like he is just switching day jobs but will stay on the radio gig per his Twitter
    oh good, hope so

oh good, hope so
    He told me he’ll be doing the color commentary for at least another year.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Tickets go on sale 9/3 at 10 am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know I shouldn't, I should just let it go, but I can't help it.

Through two games for Marquette Jayce Johnson hasn't played. He's recovering from a sprained knee.

I know I shouldn't, I should just let it go, but I can't help it.

Through two games for Marquette Jayce Johnson hasn't played. He's recovering from a sprained knee.
    Sucks for Jayce. After seeing these first couple of games I can understand why he bailed.

Tillman with 18 points, 7 boards for UNLV last night in a loss to UCLA. He's been the Rebels best player this year so far.

Tillman had 13 points and 5 rebounds in UNLV's loss to Texas State, but he was only 3 of 11 from the floor.

This has been your Donnie I wish you stayed update.

Tillman had 13 points and 5 rebounds in UNLV's loss to Texas State, but he was only 3 of 11 from the floor.

This has been your Donnie I wish you stayed update.
    Jayce had 1 board in 5 minutes in his first game back from injury. We are fair and balanced at UB5.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Donnie Tillman didn't play for UNLV tonight, he's not injured speculation is another team rule violation. His 3rd this year.

Donnie Tillman didn't play for UNLV tonight, he's not injured speculation is another team rule violation. His 3rd this year.
    Marquette beat villanova on Saturday. Jayce didnt play... idk if he is hurt or benched.
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Donnie Tillman did not play because he was late for Saturday’s shootaround, Otzelberger said.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports...force-1928539/

I believe this is his 2nd or 3rd "offense" since being at UNLV.