Thread: Mlb 2019

Hybrid View

Verlander is the best pitcher since Pedro.

The Rays' win last night was big. If the Astros win tonight, do you think Hinch will continue to go with a three man rotation? After last night, that looks like like it could be an advantage for the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Irving Washington View Post
    The Rays' win last night was big. If the Astros win tonight, do you think Hinch will continue to go with a three man rotation? After last night, that looks like like it could be an advantage for the Yankees.
    Astros don't play tonight. They pitched Verlander on short rest so that they could then throw Cole on normal rest tomorrow. They would have had either Verlander or Cole on full rest for game 5, so in this instance it made sense to go with Verlander in game 4. Going forward I would guess they go to a more traditional rotation. If they win, I would expect Verlander in games 2 and 6 and Cole in games 3 and 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Irving Washington View Post
    I'm not sure the Yankees are beatable this year. Their lineup 1-9 is crazy good, and their pitching seems just good enough. Especially if Houston's two best starting pitchers aren't available till game 3