Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Fire Larry Krystkowiak Thread

Coach, I didn’t only cite the 1944 Championship, and the numbers don’t lie, but you don’t address them as I did.

You reveal your true colors by citing three schools as legit, two of whom had no tradition whatsoever before their current coaches, and one, Florida, has had none before or since Billy Donovan.

Unlike some here, I have not once said that Krystkowiak should be fired, only that he’s jut not getting the job done.
    Last edited by SeattleUte; 04-09-2019 at 02:57 PM.

University of Virginia coach's first words after winning school's first championship: 'I'm humbled, Lord'

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/uva-c...m-humbled-lord

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by Two Utes View Post
    Uhh yeah, Matt Mooney transferred from Air Force to South Dakota to Texas Tech. Owens started at Tenn, went to St Johns and ended up at Texas Tech. Braxton Key started at Bama and went to Virginia. So much for that line of thinking.
    [Chortle]

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    University of Virginia coach's first words after winning school's first championship: 'I'm humbled, Lord'

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/uva-c...m-humbled-lord
    That's a great outlook that I endorse. Now that you’ve found it, maybe you’ll stop trying to undermine our football coach.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo

Looks like Demarlo Slocum may be on his way to UNLV.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    A staff shake up...just like we all asked for!
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Also - If the Utes end up looking in state for a new assistant coach, the top two assistants at UVU, Cody Fueger and Chris Burgess both have ties to the Majerus-era Ute program.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Gotta love how the offseason went from little drama to a ton in less than 24 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Coach, I didn’t only cite the 1944 Championship, and the numbers don’t lie, but you don’t address them as I did.

You reveal your true colors by citing three schools as legit, two of whom had no tradition whatsoever before their current coaches, and one, Florida, has had none before or since Billy Donovan.

Unlike some here, I have not once said that Krystkowiak should be fired, only that he’s jut not getting the job done.
    1. Counselor, favor us a tale about Walt Misaka or Arnie Ferrin. If you have to go back 40-50 years to laud your basketball accomplishments, isn’t that a problem? USF had a great run back in the 50's. I suspect 9 out of 10 people couldn't tell you if USF still plays D1 hoops.

2. I don’t foresee Gonzaga or Florida being able to sustain their success. Like Utah, they have had a once in a generation type coach in Few and Donovan. Oregon might be able to (post Altman) because of their unique relationship with Nike.

Clearly there are basketball programs that are bigger than their coach and have sustained success over several coaching tenures like Kansas, North Carolina, UCLA, UK, Villanova, and there are programs that benefited from having a hall of fame coach at the helm for an extended period of time that won't likely see that level of success again. These are programs like Georgetown, UCONN, and Florida (Utah falls into this category). And there are programs that are in a wait and see position like Duke, Gonzaga.

3. Utah fans are having an identity crisis about where this program should be relevant to its new conference alignment. We want to think we're at Arizona or Oregon's level (and at one time we were better than both of those programs). In realty were more like USC or Stanford and schools like UW and ASU are nipping at our tail.

Gotta love how the offseason went from little drama to a ton in less than 24 hours.
    Yeah, I think I got all my panic out. Now, like AJ pointed out, we all just wait to see how things go next season. NCAA tourney or bust, which is where we were before the drama anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Yeah, I think I got all my panic out. Now, like AJ pointed out, we all just wait to see how things go next season. NCAA tourney or bust, which is where we were before the drama anyway.
    Fortunately, LAUte won’t be sticking his nose in this since the new AD has no time for him.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

--Philo

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    Utah fans are having an identity crisis about where this program should be relevant to its new conference alignment. We want to think we're at Arizona or Oregon's level (and at one time we were better than both of those programs). In realty were more like USC or Stanford and schools like UW and ASU are nipping at our tail.
    I don't think that is true at all. I don't know anyone who believes we are at the Arizona or Oregon level or the UCLA level, for that matter. I don't even think we are at the level of UW or ASU, but those are the schools, along with Stanford, we will battle with to stay above No. 5 in the conference. Fans lose hope when they don't see a program trending in a positive direction. This is our 3rd season since Poetl. Kuzma's final season was a rebuild with a first round loss in NIT. The next season we got to the NIT Finals, which was fun, but it was a rebuild and without Bibbins we would have been in real trouble. This was a rebuild and next year will again be a rebuild. This program is treading water at best. I really question anyone who sees the program differently.

Fortunately, LAUte won’t be sticking his nose in this since the new AD has no time for him.
    Au contraire, mon frere. Soon I will have a photo of Mark Harlan on my living room fireplace mantle, right next to my Chris Hill shrine. When will you ever stop underestimating my sycophancy? You know I have a hit list of coaches I want fired and I won't stop until I am done. (I am thinking the U. should drop lacrosse, BTW. It's been a waste of resources and the team loses all the time. I'll go to work on that soon.)
    Last edited by LA Ute; 04-09-2019 at 05:35 PM.

--Yeats

He was mainly involved in recruiting, they will need someone with connections in AAU circuit.

Names??

Quote Originally Posted by Old Standing ute View Post
    He was mainly involved in recruiting, they will need someone with connections in AAU circuit.

Names??
    It is being suggested that if Slocum leaves we are likely to see at least 1 more transfer of a player with ties to Las Vegas.

Au contraire, mon frere. Soon I will have a photo of Mark Harlan on my living room fireplace mantle, right next to my Chris Hill shrine. When will you ever stop underestimating my sycophancy? You know I have a hit list of coaches I want fired and I won't stop until I am done. (I am thinking the U. should drop lacrosse, BTW. It's been a waste of resources and the team loses all the time. I'll go to work on that soon.)
    Funny stuff, LAUte. Well done.

--Albert Einstein

--Richard Dawkins

--Philo

Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post
    It is being suggested that if Slocum leaves we are likely to see at least 1 more transfer of a player with ties to Las Vegas.
    Markham is reporting that Slocum is the glue guy and is the guy that mediates between larry and the players. If he leaves, I could see more transfers. I mean, at this point, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Wrong guy leaving. We don't ned the guy who is different in every way from the other 3 to leave. We needed one of the others to leave and be replaced by someone who can relate better to the players.

Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post
    Wrong guy leaving. We don't ned the guy who is different in every way from the other 3 to leave. We needed one of the others to leave and be replaced by someone who can relate better to the players.
    I know...I was being sarcastic. From all accounts this would be a big blow.

Markham is reporting that Slocum is the glue guy and is the guy that mediates between larry and the players. If he leaves, I could see more transfers. I mean, at this point, why not?
    If there are mass transfers, a good lawyer should be able to find termination for cause grounds somewhere in the debacle, nixing the buyout or making a negotiation of a substantial discount possible.

If there are mass transfers, a good lawyer should be able to find termination for cause grounds somewhere in the debacle, nixing the buyout or making a negotiation of a substantial discount possible.
    I thought you made it clear yesterday, you weren't calling for Larry's head?

Anyone know a good lawyer?

I don't. I only know lawyers who post on message boards all day.

I thought you made it clear yesterday, you weren't calling for Larry's head?

To be fair, he did qualify the whole statement with "IF." That's how you know he's a good lawyer.

Ute center Jayce Johnson is in the NCAA transfer portal, with one season left to play

Utah starting center Jayce Johnson is in the NCAA transfer portal, ESPN and other outlets reported Tuesday.

The 7-foot center, who averaged 7.1 points and a team-high 7.7 rebounds this past season, is said to be weary of Larry Krystkowiak’s demanding style of coaching and would like a bigger offensive role, The Salt Lake Tribune has learned.
    Interesting bit about LK's "demanding style of coaching." I don't know what to make of that.

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/utah-u...jayce-johnson/

--Yeats

Ute center Jayce Johnson is in the NCAA transfer portal, with one season left to play

Interesting bit about LK's "demanding style of coaching." I don't know what to make of that.

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/utah-u...jayce-johnson/
    I think its pretty clear; we have a coach that won't kowtow to kids trying to make his way in the AAU generation. We have seen a number of guys reacher higher highs than most thought they could get under him and guys who simply couldn't/wouldn't deal with it.

I mean, "would like a bigger offensive role"...........sure.............who doesn't? Thats not really a larry issue; hes proven time and again that if the center is worthy, he is happy to run the whole offense through him.

Jayce wants a bigger offensive role? I am sure there is nothing the staff would have liked more. Jayce isn't competent on offense. It is not like anyone is holding him back.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    Jayce wants a bigger offensive role? I am sure there is nothing the staff would have liked more. Jayce isn't competent on offense. It is not like anyone is holding him back.
    Absolutely true.

--Yeats

I think Jayce probably wanted more perimeter opportunities. You can tell by his free throw form that it would translate seamlessly with amazing results.

Hope springs eternal

Bronek Wawrzynczuk@EurospectsFollowFollow
    @Eurospects

Big fan of Mikael Jantunen game. Elite rebounder with solid upper & lower frame. Ok athlete, excellent IQ, good court vision and even some switchability. Well rounded and team oriented. PF but truly positionless player. Reminds a bit of Luke Sikma. Jumper still coming along

Bronek Wawrzynczuk @Eurospects
    After watching HBA Marsky practise yesterday, now checking best Finnish talents in game situation in domestic 2nd tier. Plenty of college recruits headlined by Utah commit: Mikael Jantunen and Ville Tahvanainen (Bradley).…

Jayce wants a bigger offensive role? I am sure there is nothing the staff would have liked more. Jayce isn't competent on
    offense. It is not like anyone is holding him back.
    As a missionary in Peru, I could score on every possession against the very short Peruvians. Maybe Jayce needs to transfer to South America.

I actually think Jayce reached a point this season where it was reasonable to give him the ball in the post a few times per game. He's not about to start commanding double teams down there, though.