Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Random chat thread

I found this at Target.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Random chat thread

So Trump said in a speech this morning that he had spoken with the “President of the Virgin Islands”. That must have been easy to arrange since he IS the president of the US Virgin Islands

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    So Trump said in a speech this morning that he had spoken with the “President of the Virgin Islands”. That must have been easy to arrange since he IS the president of the US Virgin Islands
    So he has digressed to having conversations with himself? Sad!

What is Sad! is that he disagrees with himself on a regular basis.

Attached Images Attached Images

We got one of those magic Coke machines where you can pick what you want to drink on a touch screen.

The diet drinks are not functional right now because we need to order more of what they called: Non-Nutritive Sweetner

That sounds awful.

Someone just discovered that the @kfc twitter account only follows 11 other accounts: the 5 former spice girls, and 6 guys who all have the first name of Herb.

846BBBD8-34E3-415E-8A2A-F11A2720BD15.jpg
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

That is funny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6 Herbs and 5 Spices?

Leaking their secret formula?

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    6 Herbs and 5 Spices?

Leaking their secret formula?
    11 Herbs and Spices, not sure there are any deeper secrets than that. But attaboy to their social media team.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Funny.

However my wife convinced me to go to KFC a couple months ago.

It was not very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Funny.

However my wife convinced me to go to KFC a couple months ago.

It was not very good.

KFC used to be amazing. Then they changed the recipe (early 90s?) and killed the flavor.

My first job as a married man in college was doing graphic design for KFC (and also A&W, Taco Bell and Pizza Hut). But mostly KFC. As most of us know the first KFC was in SLC and their first ad agency was from SLC too. We did mostly POP, menus and billboards, but nothing was quite as joyous as staring at pictures of fried chicken each day.

The owner of the ad agency of course knew the colonel and the stories of his visits to SLC are legendary.

In fact, since they’ve taken to making fun of the colonel in their ads these days what I would prefer is to have true story ads, like the ones Charlie Murphy would tell on the Chappelle show.

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/e748yj...e---uncensored

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
    My first job as a married man in college was doing graphic design for KFC (and also A&W, Taco Bell and Pizza Hut). But mostly KFC. As most of us know the first KFC was in SLC and their first ad agency was from SLC too. We did mostly POP, menus and billboards, but nothing was quite as joyous as staring at pictures of fried chicken each day.

The owner of the ad agency of course knew the colonel and the stories of his visits to SLC are legendary.

In fact, since they’ve taken to making fun of the colonel in their ads these days what I would prefer is to have true story ads, like the ones Charlie Murphy would tell on the Chappelle show.

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/e748yj...e---uncensored

Good ol' Allen Frank.

That's never happened to me yet but it is a recurring nightmare. I did have to call their Customer Support once and it was actually pretty good.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Random chat thread

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    That's never happened to me yet but it is a recurring nightmare. I did have to call their Customer Support once and it was actually pretty good.
    You have never had 200% of your tickets not work?

Quote Originally Posted by Sullyute View Post
    You have never had 200% of your tickets not work?
    No, I meant just a malfunction of that nature.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

To be fair, all 4 of my tickets worked. So nothing to complain about other than a confusing UI bug.

If I'm not a bush then I'm not no one."

Words to live by.

Epic rant. It is hard to argue with any of this.

The perfect Christmas present for those toddlers who don't have enough nightmares in their lives.

Epic rant. It is hard to argue with any of this.

Unfortunately it's fake. Or I should say it's a character. The same guy did one in San Clemente last year asking for a statue of Paul Walker. In any event, it's pretty dang funny.

BTW, the name he uses, Chad Kroeger, is the name of the singer from Nickelback.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    Unfortunately it's fake. Or I should say it's a character. The same guy did one in San Clemente last year asking for a statue of Paul Walker. In any event, it's pretty dang funny.

BTW, the name he uses, Chad Kroeger, is the name of the singer from Nickelback.
    The Walker one was better.

The perfect Christmas present for those toddlers who don't have enough nightmares in their lives.

This kind of reminds me of a wedding gift we got. Somebody gave us a bunny that when you squeezed it said, "Some Bunny Loves You!" Not really our style we stuck it immediately in our creepy basement storage of our old house. It sat down there for a couple of years unnoticed until one night I went into the storage area in the dark to grab something quickly and as I was in there all of the sudden I hear from the shelf, "Some Bunny loves you!" Scared the crap out of me.

After a second I realized that I was still alone in the storage room and what it was so I sat there to see if it was just randomly saying it because the battery was low or something. Nothing. I took it out and brought it upstairs with me to see if it would do it again and it never did. To this day, just thinking of it creeps me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
    This kind of reminds me of a wedding gift we got. Somebody gave us a bunny that when you squeezed it said, "Some Bunny Loves You!" Not really our style we stuck it immediately in our creepy basement storage of our old house. It sat down there for a couple of years unnoticed until one night I went into the storage area in the dark to grab something quickly and as I was in there all of the sudden I hear from the shelf, "Some Bunny loves you!" Scared the crap out of me.

After a second I realized that I was still alone in the storage room and what it was so I sat there to see if it was just randomly saying it because the battery was low or something. Nothing. I took it out and brought it upstairs with me to see if it would do it again and it never did. To this day, just thinking of it creeps me out.
    To some it is given the gift of tongues. To some it is given the interpretation of tongues. To some, the self assurance of cheap toy bunnies.

I say we add this to our bylaws as our UB5 password strategy

password.jpg

I say we add this to our bylaws as our UB5 password strategy
    Wow, that's just horrible.

I love how the strictest password rules are used by the things that require the least security. I sign up for a King Soopers account so I can get a coupon for something. Why do I care about the security of that account?