Thread: The best burgers thread

The best burgers thread

The Burger Joint Everyone Is Talking About In Your State

https://www.delish.com/food-news/g35...in-each-state/

Has anyone ever been to Lucky 13? I’ve never heard of it:

https://www.lucky13slc.com/menus/

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    The Burger Joint Everyone Is Talking About In Your State

https://www.delish.com/food-news/g35...in-each-state/

Has anyone ever been to Lucky 13? I’ve never heard of it:

https://www.lucky13slc.com/menus/
    It's phenomenal. Best around and it's not close.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    Agreed. 1000 percent

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    I understand that the place is a whiskey bar, which may explain why not many people know about it. Then again, I don’t know Salt Lake City very well anymore.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    I understand that the place is a whiskey bar, which may explain why not many people know about it. Then again, I don’t know Salt Lake City very well anymore.

It is a biker bar on 13th south b/w smiths ballpark and lowes. Lots and lots of people who dont drink go there for burgers, including many middle aged lawyers in their bishoprics (a good friend of mine at RQN, for example). Scratch too, apparently.

Because its a bar however, make sure you bring your drivers license. My wife and I went there a while ago, and she never takes her purse when we go out together. She didn't have her license, and they would not let us in, even though she was about 54. Must have thought we were DABC undercover. So be sure to take yours.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    It is a biker bar on 13th south b/w smiths ballpark and lowes. Lots and lots of people who dont drink go there for burgers, including many middle aged lawyers in their bishoprics (a good friend of mine at RQN, for example). Scratch too, apparently.

Because its a bar however, make sure you bring your drivers license. My wife and I went there a while ago, and she never takes her purse when we go out together. She didn't have her license, and they would not let us in, even though she was about 54. Must have thought we were DABC undercover. So be sure to take yours.
    Thanks. I will not hesitate to go to a bar for a good burger! Never have, never will.

--Yeats

I ate there last september when i came out for the Washington game. Pretty good.
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Lucky 13 is really good and very popular. Always pretty crowded.

It’s not really a biker bar, or a whiskey bar. It’s just a bar.

And most bars just card everyone now, easier than missing one person and getting their license suspended.

Their food is awesome, I wish I could go there for lunch, but that isn’t allowed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    It’s not really a biker bar, or a whiskey bar. It’s just a bar.

And most bars just card everyone now, easier than missing one person and getting their license suspended.

Their food is awesome, I wish I could go there for lunch, but that isn’t allowed.

You drive by any Sat or Sunday afternoon and there are a zillion harleys parked outside.

You drive by any Sat or Sunday afternoon and there are a zillion harleys parked outside.
    Yeah, but trust me, that doesn’t make it a biker bar.

Scalleywags was biker bar until violence got it closed

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Yeah, but trust me, that doesn’t make it a biker bar.

Scalleywags was biker bar until violence got it closed

You are using the penal code definition of biker bar.

You are using the penal code definition of biker bar.
    If it's just weekends that Harley's going there, it's like to be the same lawyer/bishorics out for their weekend ride. Any excuse to dress like a pirate and put a few miles on the mid-life crisis.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Checked it out after today's game at Smith's. The kids were worried that I understood it to be a bar. They didn't think mom and dad would go to a bar -- oh, what those kids don't know. Anyway, good burgers -- not the best, but good. My girls had other items on the menu and they said "eh", nothing they couldn't snag pretty much anywhere. I tried the wrap and BLT, and they right...."eh". The fries n sauce though, mmmmmm, the fries.

On the whole a 6/10. Burgers 7 out of 10. Fries, 9 or 10 out of 10. Bear in mind this comes from a guy that loves the Arby's Reuben, so...…..

I think Rich's serves a better burger. On a normal day I'd go to Rich's, Hires or Crown Burger before Lucky 13 again, unless I was dying for the fries. Slobbering just thinking about those fries.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.