Quote Originally Posted by Utebiquitous View Post
If this team wants to - and if the coaches want to insist on it - they could really defend well. That will keep them in a lot of games at home and on the road. If it could become a calling card they could surprise some teams and finish above .500 in league play and perhaps get a few wins in the tournament. A man can dream can't he.
I think that's the only option if this team wants to be even middle-of-the-PAC competitive. I think this team is going to have a hard time scoring and would have to hope to win a lot of 62-56 type of games. Per SeattleUte, Larry is NOT Rick Majerus so that's probably not happening.

I wasn't able to attend NWTRU because I was busy measuring my manhood (by way of racing homemade wooden cars with my kid) against the other dads in my neighborhood. All of the reports from that night confirmed what I feared: this team doesn't have a lot of shooting or offensive firepower in general.

If Timmy and Gach (our likely top two scorers IMO) average about 30 between them--which would be great progress--I still don't know where we get another 30-40 ppg.

I'll still attend/watch the games and hope these guys prove me wrong, but my heart isn't really in it right now. I just want to fast forward to April/May and see who decides to stick around and hope that Larry can keep enough talented kids to combine with talented incoming recruits and give me some hope for better things in 20-21.