Thread: 2019 - 2020 Season Thread

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    one practice down, and no reports of any players entering the transfer portal yet
    On a related note, Donnie Tillman was granted immediate eligibility for the Runnin' Rebels today. Because, of course.

Night with the Runnin utes will be Tuesday, Oct 15 at 7.

The Men and women will start things off with a 3 point shooting contest. Men scrimmage at 7:15. Women at 7:50.

Krystko was quoted in the SL Trib that "our team culture is off of the charts" that's exactly what I needed to hear from a team with 1 Jr. and 1 Sr. both of whom are unknowns. Is this code for buckle up, it's going to be a long year?

Last edited by Scorcho; 10-09-2019 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    Krystko was quoted in the SL Trib that "our team culture is off of the charts" that's exactly what I needed to hear from a team with 1 Jr. and 1 Sr. both of whom are unknowns. Is this code for buckle up, it's going to be a long year?

"We may not win many games, but these guys are great wingmen in the club."

If it makes you feel better, Gach said something similar to Ashley Adamson on the Pac 12 network about everyone this year being bought in, and that not being the case last year. FWIW.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Night with the Utes was fun. Obligatory grain of salt because, as you'll remember, I am a paid shill for the program.

-Gach looks much more comfortable this year. He is still a scorer first/passer second but he made some really nice passes to find open teammates.

-Allen attacked the rim like crazy. He had a decent amount of success, even among the trees.

-The red team started Carlson, Battin, Allen, Gach, and Rylan Jones. If I was a betting man, I would bet on that being your starting 5.

-Rylan Jones probably gets darn near 30 minutes a night this year. His vision and passing were as advertised. Its his defense that surprised me. He played the passing lanes well and got a few deflections off of double teaming a big at the right time.

-Matt Van Komen will have a role on this team. Hes got a ways to go offensively, but he reminds me a lot of Kelley up at OSU.

-Lahat Thioune (pronounced La-hot Toone) is very athletic and long.

-I think Jantunen, Plummer, and Thioune get most of the minutes off the bench. Wenzel maybe gets some filler time here and there. Brenchley may need a year to get into the swing of things. MVK, again, probably has earned a role for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    Night with the Utes was fun. Obligatory grain of salt because, as you'll remember, I am a paid shill for the program.

-Gach looks much more comfortable this year. He is still a scorer first/passer second but he made some really nice passes to find open teammates.

-Allen attacked the rim like crazy. He had a decent amount of success, even among the trees.

-The red team started Carlson, Battin, Allen, Gach, and Rylan Jones. If I was a betting man, I would bet on that being your starting 5.

-Rylan Jones probably gets darn near 30 minutes a night this year. His vision and passing were as advertised. Its his defense that surprised me. He played the passing lanes well and got a few deflections off of double teaming a big at the right time.

-Matt Van Komen will have a role on this team. Hes got a ways to go offensively, but he reminds me a lot of Kelley up at OSU.

-I think Jantunen, Plummer, and Thioune get most of the minutes off the bench. Wenzel maybe gets some filler time here and there. Brenchley may need a year to get into the swing of things. MVK, again, probably has earned a role for himself.

Kragthorpe alluded that we were miserable from the newly extended three. I think he tweeted that we missed our first 21 three's. Do we have good long range shooters?

If Rylan stay healthy, he'll be one of the greats before he's done. His court vision and intelligence is off the charts.

This team can't shoot. At least last night they couldn't throw a rock out a boat and hit the water, although I'm sure they're rusty and could come around. Plummer could be a pleasant surprise from beyond the ark.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

Thanks for the summary. I wasn’t able to make it up unfortunately.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Only a paid shill for the program would admit to being a paid shill for the program. Don't try to deflect it.