Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: "The Last Movie You Saw" thread

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    You could have gone to Megaplex last weekend. They showed every movie in a row over two days. Would have saved you time.
    I heard about that but don't think I could stand that much Marvel in a two-day period.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

I've enjoyed fake spoiling the Avengers Endgame plot with people all week.

On that note I did get a little emotional when it was all said and done when Thor and the Hulk died. Didn't realize I had such a connection to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Wick 3 - stupid, dumb and incredibly fun. Spoiler - Wick kills a few guys. The knife fight scene about 15 minutes in is incredibly well done.
    Last edited by Scorcho; 05-18-2019 at 07:28 PM.

Dead dont die - Bill Murray Zombie film. Dry, dry humor. Meh. Just ok

"Yesterday" - if you like the Beatles this is a good movie, and its a nice break if you're experiencing Super Hero fatigue.

Ad Astra - if you like a very monotone, uninteresting lead character then this is your movie. Didn't like this very much.

Terminator - Dark Fate.

Really well done, loved it.

Jo Jo Rabbit, great movie, one of the better films of 2019

I've heard the new movie 1917 is incredible. The previews make it look intense. I'm not sure why but I have an aversion to war movies (like some do Horror movies). I haven't seen many of the popular war movies Saving Private Ryan, Dunkirk because they creep/stress me out. Not sure what you would call this phobia, but I definitely have it.

The Two Popes. Amazing. Better than Marriage Story or The Irishman. Still need to watch Joker and 1917.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

Have seen Joker and The Parasite since my last post. Really enjoyed The Parasite. I can understand why the academy liked it for BP, but, I still prefer The Two Popes to any of the BP nominees. Still need to see 1917 and JoJo.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

+ 1 on spiderverse netflix

meh to angel has fallen netflix

+1 for quiet place hulu

+1 solo blu ray rip

recently watch just married with Ashton Kutcher and Brittany Murphy. Not so good. fx

+ 1 get out i did watch it on fx . some gore was edited i am sure but the movie was pretty good.

Fighting preacher --amazon-- story of a guy called on a lds mission to palmyra to fix up the Smith farm after the church re aquired the land. I liked it.