Quote Originally Posted by Joe Public View Post
SU, I know with every fiber of my being that the results of the Big Bang are mere coincidence.

At first glance, I just don't agree with the steps he takes with the pi and Hebrew stars examples. Yes, the probability of a radio transmission of pi to ten thousand digits is "most unlikely," in his words. It is still possible, though. It definitely merits further scrutiny. But, much like internet message boards, almost-certain involvement of intelligence is not the same as certain.

To turn that around and say that accepting the highly improbable as possible requires one to ignore stars that form Hebrew script doesn't follow (IMO). Again, it merits further scrutiny. I just don't think the acceptance of the highly improbable as possible necessarily negates one's desire or interest in exploring these "special" occurrences further. I also remain open to the possibility, however remote it is, that stars could align in perfect Hebrew by random chance.
I'm not sure he or I disagree with you. It could be coincidence, and on the other hand absence of coincidence does not necesssarily connote design. I don't think he says it does.