Thread: Brekkott Chapman

Brekkott Chapman

Sounds like this could be a major turning point player for the program if we can get him, but he is starting to garner a lot of interest outside of Utah as well.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahDan View Post
    Sounds like this could be a major turning point player for the program if we can get him, but he is starting to garner a lot of interest outside of Utah as well.
    I hope we land him. Last year and this year proved that K can teach defense. The Utes just need a bit more offensive firepower. This kid seems like the kind that can really push us back into the upper half of the league.

A kid like this in your back yard is a must get. I am not saying that missing out on Chapman will be a disaster. There are rumors that he wants our of state (rumors, nothing heard directly by me), and if that is the case, there is nothing Coach K can do. But it would be huge to get him for this class.
    Last edited by Jeromy in SLC; 02-19-2013 at 01:04 PM.

Outside of Bill Foster, there hasn't been a period of sustained Utah success that didn't have a good chunk fueled by landing top in-state talent. Larry's future here doesn't hang on one player but I think, given the opportunity, would be candid enough to admit that landing Chapman could really help him build something decent here.

You can't win them all in recruiting. He would be a nice get but I won't call this class a failure without him.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla