Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tecate_Guapo Ute View Post
    Whenever I see Todd I think of Friday Night Lights.
    I didn't watch that show, but almost everyone I know says the same thing about him. His delivery is so chilling. "I'm sorry for your loss" about Hank. <shudder>
    "This culture doesn't sell modesty. It sells "I am more modest than you" modesty." -- Two Utes

Quote Originally Posted by wuapinmon View Post
    I didn't watch that show, but almost everyone I know says the same thing about him. His delivery is so chilling. "I'm sorry for your loss" about Hank. <shudder>
    He's the one who shot the kid, right? I watched a bit last night and saw the scene in the child's bedroom with Todd, Skylar (sp?) and his various helpers. Yep, pretty creepy.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Todd is the greatest tv villain of all time.
    I tried season 1. I get the artistic/entertainment quality...but it was very negative and I couldn't really get enthusiastic about it.

didn't care much for that last episode, but it did set up the potential for an amazing finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    didn't care much for that last episode, but it did set up the potential for an amazing finale.
    Agreed. No real forward plot progression from the previous episode. Nothing new was revealed: Already knew Walt had lost his family and moved to New Hampshire; Jesse was being kept alive as long as he cooked; Flynn hated his dad so why would he accept money; Skyler was working with cops and was in trouble.

Was expecting more considering it's the episode before the finale. Hopefully the finale doesn't disappoint...

My wife and I finally got on board and started watching this less than a month ago. We've made it through all but the last three episodes and the finale. I've never seen anything like it. Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by DU Ute View Post
    My wife and I finally got on board and started watching this less than a month ago. We've made it through all but the last three episodes and the finale. I've never seen anything like it. Amazing.
    So that's where you've been

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Wow, what an ending. I feel like I need to re-watch it in order to really appreciate it. A lot of subtlety in there.
    Walt taken down by his own end game, and he died admiring his incredible gift at making drugs, what really made him happy. Strangely satisfying, but very pathetic at the same time.
    His family is safe, and they all have outs. Jessie, the only guy with a conscience, is finally free.
    Loved how Jessie said no to Walt in the end and dropped the gun.
    Very hard scene with Walt watching Walt Jr. for the last time.

Did Gilligan just make Walt a symbol for Jesus? Goes to that meth-prison to get Jessie, forces them to bring him out, then pierced in the side after shielding Jessie from the bullets, and dies with outstretched arms. Jessie runs free, a smile on his face.

Bar none, the best TV series I have ever watched.

And they didn't overdo anything either, like I worried they might in a few place.
    No Walt-Skylar hug in the apartment. It was clear Skylar still had some feelings for Walt, but more upset. The scene with Holly was touching. And then he left.
    That was a very powerful sequence.

Walt in Elliot's house was very creepy. What a sequence.
    Badger and Skinny Pete for a return. That was fun. (Minor quibble, it seems like it would be almost impossible to keep a steady hand with those laser pointers from that distance. Especially for these two jokers. But that's beside the point....)

I loved the flashbacks in the house, what things used to be like. All that he had, and now, nothing. And that oddly, loveable Hank inviting him for a ride. That was the real genesis to all of this, Hank's invitation.

This show will leave a mark.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Excellent.
    "This culture doesn't sell modesty. It sells "I am more modest than you" modesty." -- Two Utes

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Excellent.
    My wife the advertising and TV commercial lady has now seen some episodes and she was mesmerized, so I am pretty sure I'll be watching the whole thamn ding with her.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Todd is the greatest tv villain of all time.
    I always thought that Tony Soprano's Mother was the most evil villian I have ever seen on television.

In memoriam

https://mobile.twitter.com/BillSimmo...87691411210241

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

The finale was an absolutely great ending to a first class television program. Bryan Cranston nailed it all. Regret. Acceptance. Evil. Good. Penitence. Sin. Everything in this episode came full circle. Nothing that Walter White did in the end was mind blowing repentance, but he did make some things right. The scene with skyler and then with Holly was incredible. The conversation and the control and the admittance of his pride. I'm glad that Walt and skyler didn't hug after because even though she clearly still cares for him, that would have been out of place. Everything in this episode fit.

Jessie being free and Walt being redeemed - just kind of on both accounts.

Great series. Loved the final episode, in which Walt orchestrated and pulled of his best Heisenberg plan. I'm looking forward to the Saul Goodman series, and hope that it lives by the rules of the BB universe (and isn't just a bunch of Saul-based one-liners, but actually fleshes out characters).

I still think that Walt Jr. was a total waste of screen time, even in the final episode, but at least I won't have to watch the twerp eat breakfast ever again.
    (thank you, Jarid, for paying for the server space to host this post. Love, Robin)

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    I haven't seen the show, but it's impossible to not know the basic story outline. I was really hoping for a Shakespearean, everyone-dies ending.
    It is even better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    My breaking bad story ending theory prediction

[SPOILER]

The opening flashback showing Walt and Jesse cooking in the RV hints at the growing animosity between the two. This finally over-boils when Walt proclaimed that he witnessed Jane die.

The three main parties that the show needs to conclude are Walt, Jesse and Todd’s Uncle. Walt gave Skylar an out and so there involvement in the story will fade. This next episode Todd’s uncles gang will be dealt with and the final episode will be the show down between Walt and Jesse. I’ll make a guess that Walt will meet his demise and Jesse survives.
    [/SPOILER]
    You nailed it! Well done Scorcho!!!

This video may not seem to fit this thread, but if you watch to the end you will see how it does.

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-li...d-open/n41321/

--Yeats

Here's a fun video that will spoil the entire series for you if you haven't seen it. DO NOT WATCH UNLESS YOU'VE FINISHED THE SERIES!!!!!!!

My wife and I just finished Season 1. I look forward to reading this thread in about a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    My wife and I just finished Season 1. I look forward to reading this thread in about a month.
    Maybe you and I should start our own private thread. Mrs. Blender and I are about three episodes into season two. Very excited to keep going.

Finished the final 4 episodes last night. I only meant to watch two, but there was no way I couldn't continue to the end. I can't even imagine how those of you who watched each new episode the week they were aired could handle the anticipation for an entire week. I have had to avoid all Breaking Bad threads and conversations for the past 2 years so I could watch the full 16 episodes of season 5 at my own pace.

i watched in my basement alone, my wife can't stomached this type of show. Watching by myself, I found my self, shouting, clapping, laughing, cheering, and pausing the show to catch my breath. The ending was close to perfect. By far, the best show on TV ever.

I'm 5 episodes away from finishing this thing and I'll be able to contribute to this thread. Just tell me that Saul makes it out OK - I need Saul to be alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    I'm 5 episodes away from finishing this thing and I'll be able to contribute to this thread. Just tell me that Saul makes it out OK - I need Saul to be alive!
    The last 5 episodes drop on Netflix towards the end of February. I have stayed away from all the talk until I get to finish it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sullyute View Post
    The last 5 episodes drop on Netflix towards the end of February. I have stayed away from all the talk until I get to finish it too.
    I wish I could erase my mind, and go back and re-watch it anew. To enjoy the greatness of BB one more time. That would be nice.

I lucked out. My wife and I were approaching the end of the Netflix episodes (all but the last eight) during the holidays, when I noticed that AMC was re-running the entire series. I was able to DVR the last eight and finish the series in stride.

I couldn't be more excited about the Better Call Saul spinoff (not a spoiler, I understand it is a prequel or something) that starts in November. I'm excited enough that I am almost sure to be let down a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by UBlender View Post
    I lucked out. My wife and I were approaching the end of the Netflix episodes (all but the last eight) during the holidays, when I noticed that AMC was re-running the entire series. I was able to DVR the last eight and finish the series in stride.

I couldn't be more excited about the Better Call Saul spinoff (not a spoiler, I understand it is a prequel or something) that starts in November. I'm excited enough that I am almost sure to be let down a little bit.
    Library!

The last 8 episodes of Breaking Bad posted on Netflix today!! I plan on watching an episode or two tonight.

The last 8 episodes of Breaking Bad posted on Netflix today!! I plan on watching an episode or two tonight.
    Just finished the final 8 episodes in 24 hours. Very well done. Great show.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Just finished the final 8 episodes in 24 hours. Very well done. Great show.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2
    In case you didnt get to see this