Thread: Kyle Whittingham Pac12 Blog Q&A

I think that pretty much squashes any discussion of Salt ending up on the dline.
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

Not really sure why that kept coming up. By all accounts both public and not public it's been pretty clear to me Salt wasn't moving. I think it's the right choice.

If I recall, when he was originally recruited, he was considering Utah because we were looking at him as an OG. He thought that it gave him the best path to the NFL. He then committed briefly to Florida as a DT. I don't know what changed along the line, but the injury may end up being a good thing in the sense that it gave some time to assess where he is a better fit. I am excited to see him on the oline. Big, imposing guy that will clear some space.
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

Quote Originally Posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
    If I recall, when he was originally recruited, he was considering Utah because we were looking at him as an OG. He thought that it gave him the best path to the NFL. He then committed briefly to Florida as a DT. I don't know what changed along the line, but the injury may end up being a good thing in the sense that it gave some time to assess where he is a better fit. I am excited to see him on the oline. Big, imposing guy that will clear some space.
    i think it makes absolute sense. it is great that he has experience playing the OLine in JC, so hopefully he won't have much of a learning curve to get up to speed with the D1 game.

A Q&A with no questions about BYU? It's so beautiful I think I might cry.
    Those shoes are definitely bi-curious.