Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words -- A Photography Thread

There are a lot of great pics in this link:

http://www.boredpanda.com/amazing-places/
    "It'd be nice to please everyone but I thought it would be more interesting to have a point of view." -- Oscar Levant

Wildfires near Ventura Naval Base
    "It'd be nice to please everyone but I thought it would be more interesting to have a point of view." -- Oscar Levant

A shot from work yesterday morning.

New Facebook community page for Greater Salt Lake City: The Block "U"

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-B...72321416121091

Palau

Mt Trumbull Schoolhouse on the Arizona Strip (restored in the 1990s).
    I never tire of that southwestern blue sky.
    Trumbull Schoolhouse - May 2013 (8).jpg
    σοφῷ ἀνδρὶ Ἑλλὰς πάντα.
    -- Flavius Philostratus, Life of Apollonius 1.35.2.

This is a photo of a sandstorm as it crosses the Mediterranean from the Sahara towards Sicily. The photo was taken from the small island of Lampedusa which is off the southern shore of Sicily.

sandstorm1.jpg
    "Ninety feet between home plate and first base may be the closest man has ever come to perfection." - Red Smith

Last weekend we went camping down in Fillmore and I came away with this shot the last night we were there. The clouds rolled in and made for a beautiful sunset.

Fillmore Sunset.jpg

Where around Fillmore?

Quote Originally Posted by Irving Washington View Post
    Where around Fillmore?
    We actually were camping at the KOA at the south end of town, about 1/2 mile east of the southern off ramp.
    Last edited by Slim; 05-31-2013 at 12:02 PM.

A couple pictures from a business trip to Muscat.

Copy of P1010029.jpgCopy of P1010017.jpgCopy of P1010044.jpgP1010106.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Solon View Post
    Mt Trumbull Schoolhouse on the Arizona Strip (restored in the 1990s).
    I never tire of that southwestern blue sky.
    Trumbull Schoolhouse - May 2013 (8).jpg
    Is that the chapel where Slash played that epic solo before Axl married Stephanie Seymour?

I went camping up Willow canyon and found these three fellahs. The third one is my favorite

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371796310.799530.jpg

Spring Mobile Ballpark 6/20/13

A couple seagulls from yesterday at jordanelle

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    A couple pictures from a business trip to Muscat.
    Love that last photo, pangloss. What is it you do again? That's a rather cool place for a business trip.
    "Ninety feet between home plate and first base may be the closest man has ever come to perfection." - Red Smith

Quote Originally Posted by SavaUte View Post
    I went camping up Willow canyon and found these three fellahs. The third one is my favorite

The first one is a boxelder bug. We had those along the creek in the back yard when I was growing up. We called them firebugs.
    Desse jeito, não tem jeito.

Quote Originally Posted by San Diego Ute Fan View Post
    The first one is a boxelder bug. We had those along the creek in the back yard when I was growing up. We called them firebugs.
    Yep, so did we. They were everywhere when I was growing up in SLC.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Yeah, if anyone knows what the second or third bugs are, I'd love to know.

Simply a gorgeous day today at Liberty Park in Salt Lake City.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell