Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: I learned in Church today

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Why would anyone be in St. George on a weekend during August?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To contrast the Bear Lake trip last week.

Actually St G was only 3 degrees warmer than SLC and the air was significantly more clean. And I'm trying to talk my wife into moving down there full-time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post

Actually St G was only 3 degrees warmer than SLC and the air was significantly more clean. And I'm trying to talk my wife into moving down there full-time.
    This past week I flew from SLC to LA, and from LA to Fresno, and from Fresno to Salt Lake. The smoke in the air was astonishing. For large stretches the ground was barely visible.There was no letup from it anywhere along those three routes.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

I had no idea you were 85

It's like you're jamming all of the Scratch youth family vacations into one summer!

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    I had no idea you were 85

LOL. Bravo.

St. George is brutal in the summer.
    σοφῷ ἀνδρὶ Ἑλλὰς πάντα.
    -- Flavius Philostratus, Life of Apollonius 1.35.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Solon View Post
    LOL. Bravo.

St. George is brutal in the summer.
    It was a cool 109 degrees last Saturday. I may/may not have been there last weekend. I am too fragile to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    It was a cool 109 degrees last Saturday. I may/may not have been there last weekend. I am too fragile to say.
    Its kind of like Phoenix... it is mandatory to have a pool to live there. I will say, I would take 3 months of heat and being trapped inside during daylight to the 5 months of cold and being trapped inside day and night and gunk in the air we get in SLC right now.

The ONLY thing that keeps me from losing my mind in the winter is a season ski pass that gets me out of the inversion and outdoors. In my household we are basically one season pass away from doing a Utah version of The Shining.

It looks like the football team got busted performing baptisms on players again! De’Vonte Henry Cole turned his red shirt in for a white jump suit today. Cool.