Thread: A few changes

A few changes

Now that we have had a little time to see how thing are working, I will be making some adjustments. I have merged the Fieldhouse and SOM forums, and there may be a few others that occur.

I have also added about 20 smilies. If there are others you would want, show them and I will see about adding them.

I will be working on a few different things, so if some things appear in different order, etc, than is why.

Jarid
    Last edited by Jarid in Cedar; 03-03-2013 at 12:20 AM.
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

Quote Originally Posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
    I have had a little time to see how thing are working, I will be making some adjustments. I have merged the Fieldhouse and SOM forums, and there may be a few others that occur.

I have also added about 20 smilies. If there are others you would want, show them and I will see about adding them.

I will be working on a few different things, so if some things appear in different order, etc, than is why.

Jarid
    The site's looking good. I like the new colors.

Now that we have had a little time to see how thing are working, I will be making some adjustments. I have merged the Fieldhouse and SOM forums, and there may be a few others that occur.

Jarid

http://www.utahby5.com/showthread.ph...full=1#post971
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

I thought the Field House photo was cool, but good decision anyway.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Is there a way for individual users to lengthen the time between clicking something and timing out so that all threads go out of "new posts?"

Quote Originally Posted by wuapinmon View Post
    Is there a way for individual users to lengthen the time between clicking something and timing out so that all threads go out of "new posts?"
    bump

Quote Originally Posted by wuapinmon View Post
    I am not sure wuap. Is anyone else having this problem?
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

Banned
    I am not sure wuap. Is anyone else having this problem?
    The site does "time out" pretty fast. It logs me off when I'm reading and not posting. That is probably not what Waup is talking about though.

Quote Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
    The site does "time out" pretty fast. It logs me off when I'm reading and not posting. That is probably not what Waup is talking about though.
    Well, it doesn't log me out, but it does reset the threads pretty quickly. I think CUF gave you a half hour from your last click before it cycled out old threads. Right now, if I click New Posts, it seems like it only gives me 10 mins in between loading a page before all unread threads disappear from new posts. I just don't know if this is a user or a sysop setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
    Same here.