Thread: Gold & Silver Pawn Shop in Vegas

Gold & Silver Pawn Shop in Vegas

Went to the Gold & Silver Pawn Shop in Las Vegas. It wasn't a filming day, so none of the stars were there. Took the quick tour of the shop. The coolest thing in there was a Willie Mays 1961 uniform on sale for $80k.

mays 1961.jpg
    Desse jeito, não tem jeito.

Quote Originally Posted by San Diego Ute Fan View Post
    Went to the Gold & Silver Pawn Shop in Las Vegas. It wasn't a filming day, so none of the stars were there. Took the quick tour of the shop. The coolest thing in there was a Willie Mays 1961 uniform on sale for $80k.
    There is nothing cool about the Giants. They can all burn in hell for holding San Jose hostage.
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

Quote Originally Posted by San Diego Ute Fan View Post

mays 1961.jpg
    That is pretty awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by LadyUte View Post
    That is pretty awesome!!
    I was there in November with a friend who had never been to Vegas. Pretty underwhelming - about 30% of the store is dedicated to selling Pawn Stars crap (mugs, t-shirts, bumper stickers).

The really intriguing part was the section where you pawn stuff - 13% interest per month. After 3 months, the pawned item is forfeited.
    The coolest thing we saw was an old 1920s motorcycle.

Then we headed to El Cortez.

Quote Originally Posted by Solon View Post
    I was there in November with a friend who had never been to Vegas. Pretty underwhelming - about 30% of the store is dedicated to selling Pawn Stars crap (mugs, t-shirts, bumper stickers).

The really intriguing part was the section where you pawn stuff - 13% interest per month. After 3 months, the pawned item is forfeited.

I guess I've always been the kid that looks for the pony hidden in the pile of manure.

Quote Originally Posted by Solon View Post

I have never been to a pawn shop before.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyUte View Post
    I have never been to a pawn shop before.
    You're not missing much
    “The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively”
    ~Bob Marley

A pawn shop in Vegas, yes even this pawn shop seems as tacky as Vegas can get....but then again they will more than likely do something soon to raise the bar.

-What would you do
    if you saw spaceships over Glasgow?
    Would you fear them?
    Every aircraft, every camera, is a wish that wasn't granted.

What was that for?
    Try to be bad.

As a true blue Dodger fan, even I think this is way cool.

Quote Originally Posted by big z View Post
    You're not missing much
    Mostly.
    They're good places to buy guns and tools. Before the digital age, I bought a camera once at a pawn shop.

But they're mostly filled with junk someone else didn't want.