Quote Originally Posted by SoonerCoug View Post
    I served in Russia with Wally.
    Which mission?

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Which mission?
    Yekaterinburg

Market Street Broiler 1999-2000
    The Cooker, Fairfax Va fall of 1994
    Carlos O'Kellly's Fairfax, Va about five minutes in 1994.
    “The world is so exquisite with so much love and moral depth, that there is no reason to deceive ourselves with pretty stories for which there's little good evidence. Far better it seems to me, in our vulnerability, is to look death in the eye and to be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides.”
    Carl Sagan

The Cowboy Grub 1998 - 1999

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2
    Da-da Da Da dahhh-ahhh! Screw the Y!

Quote Originally Posted by UtahDan View Post
    Market Street Broiler 1999-2000
    The Cooker, Fairfax Va fall of 1994
    Carlos O'Kellly's Fairfax, Va about five minutes in 1994.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGabers View Post

It's like a modern day Romeo and Juliet. A boy serving veal piccata and Chilean sea bass at the Market Street Broiler falls in love with a girl slinging chicken fried steak at The Cowboy Grub.

Quote Originally Posted by DU Ute View Post
    It's like a modern day Romeo and Juliet. A boy serving veal piccata and Chilean sea bass at the Market Street Broiler falls in love with a girl slinging chicken fried steak at The Cowboy Grub.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by DU Ute View Post
    It's not like that. It is that.
    “The world is so exquisite with so much love and moral depth, that there is no reason to deceive ourselves with pretty stories for which there's little good evidence. Far better it seems to me, in our vulnerability, is to look death in the eye and to be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides.”
    Carl Sagan

Do they still run the radio ad in Utah where they sing "there ain't no sub for the Cowboy Grub!" Anyone? I have some really good memories surrounding that place, actually.
    Carl Sagan

Do they still run the radio ad in Utah where they sing "there ain't no sub for the Cowboy Grub!" Anyone? I have some really good memories surrounding that place, actually.
    It was a favorite hangout during my college days. I haven't been back since, and am surprised it is still there.

Memory: I am sitting there with a couple of my fellow nice-guy, clean-cut, naive RM buddies over lunch, and we insisted that the waitress tell us what "prairie oysters" were. (We honestly didn't know.) With great satisfaction she told us, and I could tell she really enjoyed our embarrassed response.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Served in the England London Mission, '87-'89. I hated London, loved the surrounding area.

Quote Originally Posted by EutawStUtesFan View Post
    Served in the England London Mission, '87-'89. I hated London, loved the surrounding area.

How could you hate London? One of the greatest cities in the world.

I haven't heard that particular ad. We live just down the street from Cowboy Grub and my wife commented the other day how she can't understand how they stay in business. I reminded her that we usually get take-out from there a few times a month. My kids like the chicken noodle soup and scones and it's relatively inexpensive. Whenever I go in it seems to be near capacity. I guess people like the food/price.
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Quote Originally Posted by EutawStUtesFan View Post
    My older brother served in the London South mission, '83-85.
    "It'd be nice to please everyone but I thought it would be more interesting to have a point of view." -- Oscar Levant

Quote Originally Posted by hostile View Post
    I haven't heard that particular ad. We live just down the street from Cowboy Grub and my wife commented the other day how she can't understand how they stay in business. I reminded her that we usually get take-out from there a few times a month. My kids like the chicken noodle soup and scones and it's relatively inexpensive. Whenever I go in it seems to be near capacity. I guess people like the food/price.
    It has been there for decades. I am 35 and celebrated many a birthday there in my younger years.

I follow up Northwest's service in the beautiful Arcadia California under the shadows of the Santa Anita horse track. 94-96. I was English speaking so there were no Oungo Boingo concerts for me.

Quote Originally Posted by USS Utah View Post
    My older brother served in the London South mission, '83-85.
    Your older brother would have served with one of my best friends. He was there the same time.
    "Ninety feet between home plate and first base may be the closest man has ever come to perfection." - Red Smith

It has been there for decades. I am 35 and celebrated many a birthday there in my younger years.

No offense to your line of work, but Cowboy Grub is gross.

No offense to your line of work, but Cowboy Grub is gross.
    Sometimes one wants filet mignon and sometimes one wants a Big Mac.
    Carl Sagan

Quito, Ecuador. Late 1980s. Sometimes I wish I had done a better job keeping up my Spanish.

Uniform Fashion Expert HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar
    Blog Entries

They put tomatoes on their Monte Cristo. Wtf!?

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    They put tomatoes on their Monte Cristo. Wtf!?
    You can get them 86ed HFN.

I forgot this thread existed.

I probably posted already that I served in Indiana a long time go. My boss also served in Indiana a longer time ago. His daughter? Currently serving in Indiana. Her mission president? Steve Cleveland. #smallworldfactoids

Quote Originally Posted by UBlender View Post
    I forgot this thread existed.

I probably posted already that I served in Indiana a long time go. My boss also served in Indiana a longer time ago. His daughter? Currently serving in Indiana. Her mission president? Steve Cleveland. #smallworldfactoids
    Sounds like a FYW.

I served in South Jersey. Some of the finest, kindest, most whacked out nutjobs on the planet.

The other day I was googling to figure out which mission I live in () and came across this map of U.S. mission boundaries. I had no idea that state lines meant virtually nothing for U.S. missions.

us missions.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Senioritis View Post
    I served in South Jersey. Some of the finest, kindest, most whacked out nutjobs on the planet.
    You ever eat at a mafia italian restaurant? I hear that they're the best Italian out there.

The other day I was googling to figure out which mission I live in () and came across this map of U.S. mission boundaries. I had no idea that state lines meant virtually nothing for U.S. missions.

us missions.jpg
    God is no respecter of persons, or state boundaries.

San Antonio Texas - Southern Baptists followed me around for two years straight. It is also where I learned something I try to practice every day. An old lady said to me once, "I was raised to believe that everybody was your friend until you knew otherwise."

Quote Originally Posted by wally View Post
    You ever eat at a mafia italian restaurant? I hear that they're the best Italian out there.
    Yes, in Atlantic City. For your own sake, don't ask the details.

I also got half price at Wendy's, because a sweet spirited LDS gal in the area was the manager. We abused the heck out of that discount. So much so, in fact, that the LDS gal lost the "sweet" part of the "sweet spirit" and invited us to stop being ubermoochers.

I was tempted to call down the wrath of the Almighty on her. Nothing is better to soothe the battered missionary than a plethora of half price Singles With Cheese.

Montreal, Canada - '88-'90

Also, Cowboy Grub is moving locations. Apparently that entire strip-mall will be turned into a hotel and the restaurant will move to another iconic East SL location - the Arnold Palmer miniature golf on 3300 S.
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."