Thread: Central and Southern Florida

Central and Southern Florida

Greetings,

As an excuse for me to attend the World Baseball Classic in Miami, I'm taking my wife on a week-long trip to Florida next Sunday. We plan to fly into Orlando, drive to Miami, the Keys, Tampa and Orlando again. Do you have any recommendations along the way? Her only requests have been snorkeling at a reef, and a sunset cruise. The jury is out on whether the Kennedy Space Center tours are worth the $.

Thanks!
    When I told him of some of my colleagues' intellectual objections to gospel issues, he said, "Well, Brother Madsen, if only they had the Spirit they wouldn't talk this way. If only they had the Spirit."
    -Truman G. Madsen, with Spencer W. Kimball

I loved the Kennedy Space Center. But I am a self avowed space, astronomer, astronaut geek. So take that recommendation with a small serving of salt.
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

I second the suggestion to spend some time at the Kennedy Space Center. You can spend an entire day there and not see it all. My BIL and I were spellbound. Even the wives (not space geeks) loved it and were very glad to have seen it.

Another unexpected treat if you have 1/2 day: Gatorland! What a blast. Think Sea World, but much more laid back and fun. If you go, you'll thank me.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractio...o_Florida.html

Desse jeito, não tem jeito.

Plus it's spring training. I'd be bored with the Space Center in 30 minutes, but could watch baseball all day for a month.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.