Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Utes in the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post
    I never got the sense that Lowell liked playing football.
    Hand Olsen agrees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    One of my favorite things written about Steve Smith last week (before the game)
    Steve Smith is still steve smith
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

“To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Kevin Dyson, PhD.
    We should have given him an honorary doctorate after the Freedom Bowl.

Darren Carrington signed with the Dallas Cowboys.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Sean Smith is out of Jail.

Quote Originally Posted by Sullyute View Post
    Sean Smith is out of Jail.
    Yes! I'm still concerned that his jail time was unnecessary. I would have done more than he did to somebody who hurt my sister.

Now I hope a team will pick him up.

Mike McCoy fired as Cardinals' OC.

Alex Smith done for the year, lower leg injury

Very scary stuff. My brother fought a post-op infection on his knee earlier this year. They were just removing some screws and wires. I can only imagine how much more serious an infection from a compound fracture could be.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Very scary stuff. My brother fought a post-op infection on his knee earlier this year. They were just removing some screws and wires. I can only imagine how much more serious an infection from a compound fracture could be.
    Certainly career threatening and can be limb threatening
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

This article lists Josh Gordon as a "Former Utah and Baylor standout". He never played a down for us, right?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...aign=editorial

This article lists Josh Gordon as a "Former Utah and Baylor standout". He never played a down for us, right?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...aign=editorial
    Nope. Never got close.

Weddle has a million dollar bonus on the line this Sunday

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/e...fs-any-second/

I bet his ward financial clerk is cheering for him

Eric Weddle cut by the Ravens to clear cap space. He'll get picked up somewhere. He's 34 years old, and had a nice long career with 6 pro bowl appearances.

found this little blurb:

Apparently #AlexSmith still ring external fixator on.
    Not much progress from January.https://t.co/9e5qhbYzoa
    Good news: weight bearing and walking.
    Bad news: more surgery to come, likely flap procedure done.
    Clearly is not playing in 2019 and career in question. https://t.co/F1AiqzVgZV

— David J. Chao, MD (@ProFootballDoc) May 7, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    found this little blurb:

Apparently #AlexSmith still ring external fixator on.
    Not much progress from January.https://t.co/9e5qhbYzoa
    Good news: weight bearing and walking.
    Bad news: more surgery to come, likely flap procedure done.
    Clearly is not playing in 2019 and career in question. https://t.co/F1AiqzVgZV

— David J. Chao, MD (@ProFootballDoc) May 7, 2019
    Based on his original injury the odds of him playing again were very low. With a ringed fixated on and still needing to take muscle from somewhere else on his body to cover the wound I think he will be lucky to keep his leg. He has a long road ahead of him
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Quote Originally Posted by hostile View Post
    Based on his original injury the odds of him playing again were very low. With a ringed fixated on and still needing to take muscle from somewhere else on his body to cover the wound I think he will be lucky to keep his leg. He has a long road ahead of him
    Hostile, why is there such a high risk of his losing his leg? I've read this elsewhere, but a broken leg doesn't strike this non-doctor as potential for amputation. Whats the worry?

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Hostile, why is there such a high risk of his losing his leg? I've read this elsewhere, but a broken leg doesn't strike this non-doctor as potential for amputation. Whats the worry?
    His injury was more than a broken leg. The bones fractured, tore through skin and muscle and were then contaminated with dirt, grass, and whatever else was on the field. The injury has now progressed to what sounds like an infected non-union (bone isn’t healed) that also has a soft tissue defect. All three of those issues (unhealed bone, infection, soft tissue) need to be addressed or the leg won’t be able to function for simple things like standing and walking. Sometimes, despite everything we do, the infection persists or the bone doesn’t heal and the best option for preserving function is to amputate the leg and get a prosthesis. It doesn’t happen often but it is always a concern for someone with an open tibia fracture.

His injury was more than a broken leg. The bones fractured, tore through skin and muscle and were then contaminated with dirt, grass, and whatever else was on the field. The injury has now progressed to what sounds like an infected non-union (bone isn’t healed) that also has a soft tissue defect. All three of those issues (unhealed bone, infection, soft tissue) need to be addressed or the leg won’t be able to function for simple things like standing and walking. Sometimes, despite everything we do, the infection persists or the bone doesn’t heal and the best option for preserving function is to amputate the leg and get a prosthesis. It doesn’t happen often but it is always a concern for someone with an open tibia fracture.
    Thanks

I believe he also got an infection in the hospital, which resulted in additional surgeries and further prolonged his recovery beyond the year + that it was already at.

The good news for Alex is that he's got 40 or so million coming over the next two years no matter what.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

I resisted posting this in the 2019 graveyard thread, but Weddle puts Antonio Brown down.

weddle.jpg

"Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla