Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Thanks, I just had it Stuffed" Utes vs. Beavers 3-7-2013

Quote Originally Posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
    Fizer from Iowa State was the example I was thinking of.
    fizer was 6'8" not 6'5"

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
    Now this is some good shit. Nothing gets my motor running like talk of late 1980s-early 1990s college hoops.

See, Houston is a lot of things I don't think Loveridge is (we should quickly clarify that this comparison is limited to hoops-only debate). The Houston I remember had a Concorde when it came to leaping ability. Very quick off his feet, and could reach peak elevation regardless of how many guys were standing around him. He was also about 50 pounds heavier than JL. And only eight players in NCAA history from a major conference went to the line more than Houston did in his career.

Your Illinois comparison is very good. But remember, what kept Illinois from winning the national championship that year? A big forward who could put the ball on the floor and drain it from the perimeter. That forward was Glen Rice, and I think there is the potential for JL to mold himself into that kind of player much more than there is for him to be a 4 where more of his game is back-to-the-basket.
    This.