Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Allegations Chris Hill Ignored Swim Team Abuses...

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    I invite anyone to review the back and forth in that thread. I took no inconsistent positions.
    Inconsistent positions are your greatest consistency.

My hope is that the investigation covers everything. All of the original complaints and correspondence. All of the previous interviews. All of the information in the OEO investigation. All of it. It could be that the allegations were not substantiated by others, and therefore no action taken. It could be that the complaints were not properly followed up. In my business, failure analysis is crucial. EVERYTHING must be looked over, because if you cannot come to the root cause, it will cost us down the road.

I am also of the mind set that I will not pass judgement on anyone until everything comes out. This newest radio interview with a previous swimmer is proof that we don't know everything aside from what is presented in the Yahoo! article.
    "You can do a lot in a lifetime, if you don't burn out too fast. You can make the most of the distance. First, you need endurance. First, you've got to last." - Neil Pert

Quote Originally Posted by stretchiute View Post
    That interview is well worth spending 11 minutes to hear it all. If the story that former U. swimmer, Todd Bradley, is telling accurately describes what really happened, then this "scandal" is the biggest nothing-burger I've ever seen. Notice I said "if," a word much used throughout this thread. We'll see.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    If he wanted answers maybe he should have been asking questions before this thing blew up. Too bad no one in the local media seemed to have a clue what was going on.

That interview is well worth spending 11 minutes to hear it all. If the story that former U. swimmer, Todd Bradley, is telling accurately describes what really happened, then this "scandal" is the biggest nothing-burger I've ever seen. Notice I said "if," a word much used throughout this thread. We'll see.
    So here is what we know so far. Hill apparently got at least one email from a parent in 2008 questioning the swimming coach. He apparently received others later although it is unclear how much later and how many (i know I am repeating what others have said but it sure would seem to me that Yahoo would have a better timeline of events if the timeline was damning, instead they continue to reiterate that a parent sent Hill a letter in 2008). Having some experience with this, I know that there are shit piles of parents of college athletes who complain about coaches. Coaches and administrators hate parents because of all the complaints. I assume that an email from a disgruntled parent is commonplace in the Utah athletic department.

Hill does receive a very troubling letter from the Illinois guy in the fall of 2012 with serious accusations. He immediately acts on it and asks for an investigation.

I need a lot more damning information before I can even come close to assuming Hill did something wrong here. the Yahoo pieces are not getting me there. Give me some more meat if you have it Yahoo.
    Last edited by LA Ute; 03-12-2013 at 12:33 PM.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Message Board Vagabond UteBeliever aka Port's Avatar
    Well, you can always be brave and venture over to CS to talk about the issue. Seems like you'd find a lot more Ute and BYU fans that would be interested in engaging you and telling you exactly why this case is already closed and the U. and Chris Hill are guilty.

Seems like the tenor here is "wait and see." Until more info emerges, it's probably cactus and tumbleweed...

Which seems to be an infinitely more measured approach. Unless you are SCP, Garth or the fine BYU fans on CougarBoard or its sister site, CougarStadium.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    You have to think that he has received hundreds of "I / my kid / my friend was treated unfairly by coach / teammate / admin / professor" emails over the years.
    Delusional Little League parents never stop being delusional Little League parents.
    "Ninety feet between home plate and first base may be the closest man has ever come to perfection." - Red Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Portland Ute View Post
    Well, you can always be brave and venture over to CS to talk about the issue. Seems like you'd find a lot more Ute and BYU fans that would be interested in engaging you and telling you exactly why this case is already closed and the U. and Chris Hill are guilty.

Seems like the tenor here is "wait and see." Until more info emerges, it's probably cactus and tumbleweed...

Which seems to be an infinitely more measured approach. Unless you are SCP, Garth or the fine BYU fans on CougarBoard or its sister site, CougarStadium.
    Actually I was just making note of the lack of interest in discussing the issue. Personally, I am glad for that lack of interest. It is dangerous to draw too many conclusions from the radio interview this morning, but it does raise the distinct possibility that there is an entirely different side to this story, and that the story may well be overblown. Again, we don't know yet, but I think people have been reminded that it's best to wait and see.

--Yeats

Actually I was just making note of the lack of interest in discussing the issue. Personally, I am glad for that lack of interest. It is dangerous to draw too many conclusions from the radio interview this morning, but it does raise the distinct possibility that there is an entirely different side to this story, and that the story may well be overblown. Again, we don't know yet, but I think people have been reminded that it's best to wait and see.
    I agree with this post 100%.

I hope we are mistaken to be lacking in bravery, you and I.

If you ever feel like things are getting really slow around here, take a walk over to my place.

http://flattopshistorywarpolitics.yu...y#.UT_crDc08uw

Quote Originally Posted by USS Utah View Post
    If you ever feel like things are getting really slow around here, take a walk over to my place.

http://flattopshistorywarpolitics.yu...y#.UT_crDc08uw
    I may live to regret that as the Moose's Whistle just showed up at my group.

well that is easy enough to fix.
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

Nobody would feel bad if you tossed him out.
    "Ninety feet between home plate and first base may be the closest man has ever come to perfection." - Red Smith

What a load of crap, PU. Over on CS, we have a whopping two and a half pages on the topic, consisting of 74 posts, 27 of which are from Ute posters. And the other posts are far more muted than the discussion in this thread. Don't be such a drama queen.

As we often tell people, there are often three sides to every story. Each persons side, and how things actually occurred. Like it or not, everyone has some sort of bias and they tell their story with that bias.

In some cases you have a double bias. A kid tells their parents their "story" then the parents further that because its their kid.

I have no idea what actually occurred, and we may never know the actual story.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    What a load of crap, PU. Over on CS, we have a whopping two and a half pages on the topic, consisting of 74 posts, 27 of which are from Ute posters. And the other posts are far more muted than the discussion in this thread. Don't be such a drama queen.
    Seesh. Lighten up, JL!

Seesh. Lighten up, JL!
    lol. Touche'.

JL defending the honor of his board.

--Yeats

You may want to check in junkie's latest before calling the discussion muted.

That being said I mostly agree with you.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post

Also, a thread entitled "Penn State 2.0" is muted? Lol.

--Yeats

You would. You are "embarrassed to be a Ute fan" before all the facts are known.

Also, a thread entitled "Penn State 2.0" is muted? Lol.
    . CJ----->
    CougarStadium ------>

CJ is a crack up! They love him over there! It's all in good fun! You guys just need to "lighten up!"

It's been interesting reading CSers musing about the ways in which Jarid and the moderators of UB5 might avoid this board becoming Utefans 2.0 and keeping the "Utefans element" on good behavior.

Yet, JL and his group of moderators do nothing about reining in cougjunkie. It would seem they actually are glad he is back and "doing his thing." You'd think someone over there would have the "bravery" to publicly tell cj to settle down once in a while instead of silently encouraging him.
    Last edited by UteBeliever aka Port; 03-12-2013 at 10:14 PM.

Why worry about junkie?

It's been interesting reading CSers musing about the ways in which Jarid and the moderators of UB5 might avoid this board becoming Utefans 2.0 and keeping the "Utefans element" on good behavior.

Yet, JL and his group of moderators do nothing about reining in cougjunkie. It would seem they actually are glad he is back and "doing his thing." You'd think someone over there would have the "bravery" to publicly tell cj to settle down once in a while instead of silently encouraging him.
    http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...l=1#post963467

Quote Originally Posted by GarthUte View Post
    Why worry about junkie?
    Why does JL worry about what I say over here?

It's all in good fun, my friend!

Jarid, you REALLY need to whip these Utefans cast-off into shape!

Those of you who have more exposure to Junkie, is he really as big of a lowlife as he comes across, or does he just enjoy pretending to be an insufferable and illogical jerk?

And Port, you're exactly right about the absurdity of questioning the content of Ute message boards as long as CJ is allowed to do his thing over there.

Powerful.

I wonder if there is some kind of software by which we can merge the two boards...sort of like when two threads are merged because the content is the same and two threads are redundant...

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    Those of you who have more exposure to Junkie, is he really as big of a lowlife as he comes across, or does he just enjoy pretending to be an insufferable and illogical jerk?

And Port, you're exactly right about the absurdity of questioning the content of Ute message boards as long as CJ is allowed to do his thing over there.
    Aw, he's just trolling. He's not really behaving badly!