Thread: NCAA 2019 Football Season

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    Wilner points out that nobody has been able to finish the PAC-12 schedule 9-0, Oregon is on pace to do that, but he thinks the Ducks game at Tempe is dangerous. He has ASU upsetting Oregon.

If that happens, all playoff talk for the Pac-12 is kaput.
    Tempe is always a horrible place to play. But I disagree with him. This ASU team seems to have mailed it in.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Tempe is always a horrible place to play. But I disagree with him. This ASU team seems to have mailed it in.
    Couldn't agree more. Ducks will crush the Devils.

The thing that calls me over the next few weeks is that we need to root for USC, UW, AND Oregon. Makes me feel icky just thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    I want agree. But then I think back to close games Oregon had against WSU and Cal. ASU beat both of those teams, so they could potentially give Oregon some trouble.

I know the transitive property in college football isn't real, and hopefully Oregon is playing better and ASU has given up. But for some reason, I'm a bit nervous for our Duck conference mates.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Playoff selection is a lottery to see who gets to be murdered by Chase Young.

...and Penn State has been eliminated.

The hopeful list is now: LSU, OSU, Clemson, Minnesota, Georgia, Utah, Oregon, Oklahoma, Baylor, and Alabama.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post

The hopeful list is now: LSU, OSU, Clemson, Minnesota, Georgia, Utah, Oregon, Oklahoma, Baylor, and Alabama.
    If the U and the Ducks win out, I am convinced the winner of their game will get into the playoff unless Ga beats LSU. Knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    If the U and the Ducks win out, I am convinced the winner of their game will get into the playoff unless Ga beats LSU. Knock on wood.
    Seems very likely. I don't know if they would treat a non-champ OSU as well as a non-champ LSU. OSU's resume would be just as good as LSU's.

I also keep thinking that Oklahoma has a chance based on having more top 25 wins than Utah/Oregon.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post

...and Oregon has been eliminated. Down to LSU, OSU, Clemson, Minnesota, Georgia, Utah, Oklahoma, Baylor, and Alabama. Utah's road just got harder with Oregon losing. On the bright side, the conference should be 100% behind us.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Swish!!!!