Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pac-12 Survivor Pool: 2019

Oregon for the Win

Ucla
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

I’m feeling the beaver love. Go Oregon State!

Oregon State (yes, I said it)

UCLA. Come on Chip, don't fail me now!
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Oregon.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Ucla
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Quote Originally Posted by Sullyute View Post
    I’m feeling the beaver love. Go Oregon State!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heike View Post
    Oregon State (yes, I said it)
    It was great having you play this year, Sullyute and Heike,

ucla

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Feel like I’m in a corner here. If I don’t pick Oregon State now, when in the world can I pick em?....so The Beavs I guess.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

Quote Originally Posted by mUUser View Post
    Feel like I’m in a corner here. If I don’t pick Oregon State now, when in the world can I pick em?....so The Beavs I guess.
    When was the last (or even first) time this competition has extended the entire season?
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Quote Originally Posted by mUUser View Post
    It's a 14 week season, and usually this contest is over by week 8. So you usually don't have to pick every team once. It gets more complicated come league play to not duplicate picking them a loser picks.
    Last edited by chrisrenrut; 09-03-2019 at 06:30 PM.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by hostile View Post
    When was the last (or even first) time this competition has extended the entire season?
    Never happened. You can technically only survive for 12 picks, and that is assuming that you haven't run out of loser picks.

That's why this competition is called the "contest of whits." ( Get it? Whit-tingham?)

I have to get Oregon State out of the way, because when can I pick them (also said earlier, but reinforcing).

Oregon State.

The two-time champion* picks UCLA

Ucla - I hate picking against most of our former MWC mates. I enjoyed watching Wyoming beat Missouri and CSU did some nice things in the first half against CU.

Your University of Utahhhhhhhh Running UUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS SSSSSSS!

Live lookin on those who picked UCLA

via GIPHY

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Live lookin on those who picked UCLA

via GIPHY

If Oregon State loses (haha, of course they will), very few people will be left in the contest. Next week could be the championship!

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    If Oregon State loses (haha, of course they will), very few people will be left in the contest. Next week could be the championship!
    And there you go...

Quote Originally Posted by hostile View Post
    And there you go...
    So after 8 weeks we are down to five survivors....oh, week 2? Uh......

The results from this week:

OSU
    LuckyUte
    Musser
    SullyUte
    Heinke

UCLA

UBlender
    Scratch
    DnF
    MRD
    Concerned
    UtahMrSports
    Uteopia
    SoCalPat (2x winner)
    Snafu
    LAUteHostile

Oregon
    C-monster
    Chrisenrut
    Scorcho

Utah
    Noneyadb
    Applejack

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    So after 8 weeks we are down to five survivors....oh, week 2? Uh......

The results from this week:

OSU
    LuckyUte
    Musser
    SullyUte
    Heinke

UCLA

UBlender
    Scratch
    DnF
    MRD
    Concerned
    UtahMrSports
    Uteopia
    SoCalPat (2x winner)
    Snafu
    LAUteHostile

Oregon
    C-monster
    Chrisenrut
    Scorcho

Utah
    Noneyadb
    Applejack
    Just as I suspected. This game is rigged.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Just as I suspected. This game is rigged.
    Rigged for smart guys! I can't understand why anyone would pick OSU. But the amount of people choosing UCLA last week is astounding. Chip Kelly is 0-5 against non-conference opponents while at UCLA, soon to be 0-6. I think the verdict is in on his coaching ability.