Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 9 - The official 2019 Holy War Thread

9 - The official 2019 Holy War Thread

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    I love it!

Let’s go! Own this decade Utes!
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Ok, we taken and given some hits, let the adrenaline subside. We have a 41 yard field goal, good to have that under our belt. Now we need to get to Wilson a couple of times.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Moss and Covey both erasing doubt about their injury status.

Likely left 3 points on the field by going for it on 4th on the 25.

Bend but don’t break defense on display. Expect BYU to have a lot of yards, but hopefully not many points.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Moss and Covey both erasing doubt about their injury status.
    Dunno. Covey just stood there and watched Huntley instead of blocking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offensive line not doing great blocking for the run game.

Wilson has now thrown as many touchdown passes to Utah as he has to BYU in the rivalry games.

Sadly no more #allgayallday
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Wilson may have to visit the honor code office after ESPN is done with him.

I think Blackmon was lucky to not have that called targeting. But it wasn’t called on the field or by the review booth.

BYU left tackle leaves early every time
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    BYU left tackle leaves early every time
    I've been watching that too. Surprised he hasn't been flagged.

Moss over 100 yards already.

Would have liked to see Moss get the chance to punch it in, but also good to see some creativity to get in the end zone.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Would have liked to see Moss get the chance to punch it in, but also good to see some creativity to get in the end zone.
    You got your wish

We have flipped time of possession and total yards in the 2nd half. This has to be the type of offense Whittingham loves, grinding yards and clock. And winning the turnover battle.

We actually have more penalties and penalty yards, but BYU has been hurt worse due to bad timing on theirs.

Blackmon!

So far our MVP is Moss, but Wilson has to be a close 2nd

Huntley with an understated but efficient passing game so far. 13-16 for 106 yards. And would have a bit more if Kuithe holds on to an easy pass

Reilly reporting that they will resume the game about 12:07 am.

9 - The official 2019 Holy War Thread

So did ESPN just dump the last part of the game? Just realized it is going on but cannot see it!?!?

Edit: just found it on espn2 to see that last 25 seconds.
    Last edited by Sullyute; 08-30-2019 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sullyute View Post
    So did ESPN just dump the last part of the game? Just realized it is going on but cannot see it!?!?
    THey put it on ESPN2 without telling anyone.

We had more interceptions return yards than BYU had rushing yards.

Moss with 188 total, over 6 ypc.

We we have some growing and improving to do, but I would hate to be Northern Illinois or Idaho St right now. I’m hoping we see a lot of Shelley, Wilmore, etc. in those games.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    THey put it on ESPN2 without telling anyone.
    That broadcast..... Wow it was bad...

The good:

-Zach Moss, obviously.
    -The defense. Did their job. Got off the field often enough on 3rd downs and caused 3 turnovers.
    -Enis' grab on 3rd and 8. That might be the play of the game.
    -Huntley had some good runs in the 2nd half. That's an extra dimension that we could really use.
    -Putting the game away with authority in the 4th quarter.

The bad:

-Kicking, obviously
    -The drop
    -Josh Nurse's knee, that looked bad, hope he's back quickly
    -Coming up short on 4th and 3 gave them momentum early
    -Lightning. Kalani should have taken advantage of the extra intermission to get a 2nd pep talk from the widow Edwards

The Ugly

-The far too long interview with Zach Wilson's parents. It was ugly, partially because you can see that Dad is dying inside over this and that he has some serious regrets about handing the family reins over to his wife. That was a man who would have been much happier making the weekly 4 hour drive to Boise to watch football.
    -We didn't try to go deep once, which makes sense given Huntley's strengths. I'd still like to see it on occasion.
    -I've been saying this for years now: Huntley is very accurate when rolling right. We need to take advantage of that more intentionally.
    -The facemask on 3rd and 30. Wow, what a gift. Thank you, Mr. Late Hit Trash Talk Guy.
    -ESPN not announcing that the game would continue on ESPN2.