Thread: *Chomp* *Chomp* *Chomp* Gator meat in 2022/23

*Chomp* *Chomp* *Chomp* Gator meat in 2022/23

Utah gets a Home/Home with Florida in 2022/23

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    Utah gets a Home/Home with Florida in 2022/23

SLTrib reporting that BYU will be sacrificed from the schedule those years. May need to get approval from the UT legislature before it actually happens.
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

That we are removing BYU from the schedule instead of someone else indicates that we are still doing something like an A-B-C plan and that BYU still counts as A. Maybe Kyle dictates this. Dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    That we are removing BYU from the schedule instead of someone else indicates that we are still doing something like an A-B-C plan and that BYU still counts as A. Maybe Kyle dictates this. Dunno.
    Kyle views BYU as an A game because of the high emotion attached to it. I wish the NCAA would do away with FCS games and that we would find a way to schedule SMU or Rice instead of Wyoming.

Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post
    Kyle views BYU as an A game because of the high emotion attached to it. I wish the NCAA would do away with FCS games and that we would find a way to schedule SMU or Rice instead of Wyoming.
    Totally agree. We've done a good job of getting teams on the schedule where we recruit (in addition to the Pac-12 schools we play in California - SDSU, Fresno, SJSU, etc.). Would love to see us do this in Texas (I know we've got Houston coming up) or even Florida. If Wyoming wants a game, it's a one and done in SLC.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    (I know we've got Houston coming up)
    We have Baylor as well, right?

I think the Pac-12 presence in CA is enough. I can't imagine SJSU/Fresno/etc bring much more to the table when it comes to recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    We have Baylor as well, right?

I think the Pac-12 presence in CA is enough. I can't imagine SJSU/Fresno/etc bring much more to the table when it comes to recruiting.
    We actually recruit both areas pretty heavily. For Fresno folks, at least, a trip to SF bay area for a game is still an awfully long drive. Not so much for San Jose.

But I'm excited to see the recruits from Wyoming and Northern Illinois start to roll in.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    We actually recruit both areas pretty heavily. For Fresno folks, at least, a trip to SF bay area for a game is still an awfully long drive. Not so much for San Jose.

But I'm excited to see the recruits from Wyoming and Northern Illinois start to roll in.
    I mean, Fresno and SDSU are good games anyway. Why not schedule them? I wouldn't add a team just because it's in a location. I'm not convinced that Houston natives are going to sign with us because of a future date with Rice.