Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Where we going?

  1. #1

    Where we going?

    Most likely it's Alamo. I guess there is an outside chance at cotton

    If Georgia loses
    That means
    Peach lsu/Ohio St v Baylor/Oklahoma
    Fiesta Clemson v lsu/Ohio st
    Rose Oregon v Wisconsin
    Sugar Georgia v Baylor/Oklahoma
    Orange bama/Auburn v Penn St
    Cotton Utah v Memphis/ Cincy

    It would depend if the committee wants to put 4 sec teams in the new year 6
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

    "And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    Most likely it's Alamo. I guess there is an outside chance at cotton

    If Georgia loses
    That means
    Peach lsu/Ohio St v Baylor/Oklahoma
    Fiesta Clemson v lsu/Ohio st
    Rose Oregon v Wisconsin
    Sugar Georgia v Baylor/Oklahoma
    Orange bama/Auburn v Penn St
    Cotton Utah v Memphis/ Cincy

    It would depend if the committee wants to put 4 sec teams in the new year 6
    Interesting. I think the Rose will take Penn State over Wisconsin. You're saying that Bama, Auburn, Georgia, and LSU get in? What about Florida? There are just too many teams in the SEC that will be ranked ahead of us.

  3. #3
    Looks like it'll be Baylor Utah in the Alamo bowl
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

    "And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    Looks like it'll be Baylor Utah in the Alamo bowl
    That would be a pretty great shot at redemption for this team. Don't we have an upcoming series with Baylor?

  5. #5
    Meanwhile, Virginia loses 62-17. Are they still going to the Orange Bowl? What a system!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    Looks like it'll be Baylor Utah in the Alamo bowl
    I'm seeing people say that the Alamo will choose USC over Utah. We'd go to the Holiday again, which at least is a better destination.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    I'm seeing people say that the Alamo will choose USC over Utah. We'd go to the Holiday again, which at least is a better destination.
    At this point holiday bowl would be fine
    https://twitter.com/BonaguraESPN/sta...614867457?s=19
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

    "And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    At this point holiday bowl would be fine
    Holiday would likely be a more interesting match up. Alamo projections I see are Okie State. But Holiday projections are Iowa. I think Iowa is a better team.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Scorcho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    right here, right now
    Posts
    1,437
    Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Holiday would likely be a more interesting match up. Alamo projections I see are Okie State. But Holiday projections are Iowa. I think Iowa is a better team.
    never been to San Antonio. but there's never a reason not to go to San Diego. Holiday Bowl please?

  10. #10
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

    "And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Meanwhile, Virginia loses 62-17. Are they still going to the Orange Bowl? What a system!
    I hear that UVa needed to stay in the top 25 to get the Orange Bowl, so the committee did them the favor of not dropping them out (they were 23rd) after their huge loss. I guess Notre Dame would have been in instead, and that would have been a much better match up. Why would the committee feel strongly about keeping UVa in there? Seems weird.

  12. #12


    This is a great match up. There are always lots of eyes on Texas football, so we will get viewers. It's a big opportunity to partially ease the pain of the Oregon loss. Better get a win!

    Stupid Oregon. If they hadn't wet the bed against ASU, we'd be in the Rose Bowl.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    never been to San Antonio.
    I love San Diego too, but the one time I went to San Antonio, I enjoyed it a lot. The River Walk was nice, the Alamo was cool, and there was plenty of good food.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    I love San Diego too, but the one time I went to San Antonio, I enjoyed it a lot. The River Walk was nice, the Alamo was cool, and there was plenty of good food.
    Didn’t happen to be 1998, did it? There were some other interesting things going on then and there. That was my only visit. It’s a nice city, but I didn’t see it as a destination by itself. I’d need a reason to go there. The Final Four was definitely a good enough reason. I’m not sure a consolation bowl is a good enough reason this time.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Didn’t happen to be 1998, did it? There were some other interesting things going on then and there. That was my only visit. It’s a nice city, but I didn’t see it as a destination by itself. I’d need a reason to go there. The Final Four was definitely a good enough reason. I’m not sure a consolation bowl is a good enough reason this time.
    I wish. I was 3 weeks off my LDS mission when the '98 run happened. I watched on a road trip with my family. We stopped in Boise to find a place to watch the West Virginia game. We ended up in the student union building at Boise State. We bowled a few games because their bowling alley had the Utah game on. We watched the Arizona game at a beach house in Oregon. Great memories.

    No, I was in San Antonio about 5 years ago for a work conference. I was excited to be going somewhere warm in January, and it ended up being rainy and in the 40s the whole time.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    I love San Diego too, but the one time I went to San Antonio, I enjoyed it a lot. The River Walk was nice, the Alamo was cool, and there was plenty of good food.
    Spent many years in Texas. SAT and AUS are nice visits, but neither are SAN (I know a lot of people love AUS, but, just not my deal....). An 11-2 Utah vs 7-5 Texas is a slap in the face to our year, especially considering USC gets a 16th ranked Iowa. Think I'll skip the travel on this one.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

    "You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

    "Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by mUUser View Post
    Spent many years in Texas. SAT and AUS are nice visits, but neither are SAN (I know a lot of people love AUS, but, just not my deal....). An 11-2 Utah vs 7-5 Texas is a slap in the face to our year, especially considering USC gets a 16th ranked Iowa. Think I'll skip the travel on this one.
    Sagarin has Utah at #14 and Texas at #20. He ranks Texas' schedule as the 4th toughest in college football.

    ESPN's computers have Utah at #14 and Texas at #23.

    Our opponent is only unranked because the committee and AP voters are still living in the past.

    The most lopsided of all the bowl games, according to Sagarin, is the Peach Bowl, LSU vs Oklahoma.

  18. #18


    Kind of a big deal.

  19. #19
    That is pretty awesome.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •