Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: The 2020 Conference Play Thread

Everybody saw this stat posted on Utefans? The turnover differential during Larry's tenure? Astounding. P.S. Not a positive differential. At least it is consistent.

2019-20 271

2018-19 334

2017-18 182

2016-17 270

2015-16 308

2014-15 179

2013-14 130

2012-13 293

2011-12 321

Woof, what is that, 8-9 per game?

I guess the silver lining for this year is that we will never know whether we would have been invited to the NCAA tournament.

The silver lining is that BYU doesn't get to play. This was their big culmination - the senior year for Childs.

I've seen athletes start to suggest that they should get a 5th year of eligibility due to these cancellations. That is dumb. They played the entire season and missed just 1-6 (1 game for 50% of them) games in a tournament. Let it go. Do you grant extra eligibility to all seniors? Let it go. Move on with your life.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    The silver lining is that BYU doesn't get to play. This was their big culmination - the senior year for Childs.

I've seen athletes start to suggest that they should get a 5th year of eligibility due to these cancellations. That is dumb. They played the entire season and missed just 1-6 (1 game for 50% of them) games in a tournament. Let it go. Do you grant extra eligibility to all seniors? Let it go. Move on with your life.
    I donít think they should do it, however I understand their frustration.

Look at Utahís senior gymnasts. One was having the best season of her career, and the team is undefeated for the first time since 1993. Iím sure itís frustrating to lose out on a chance at a title.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    I donít think they should do it, however I understand their frustration.

Look at Utahís senior gymnasts. One was having the best season of her career, and the team is undefeated for the first time since 1993. Iím sure itís frustrating to lose out on a chance at a title.

Ute Ski team in 2nd placeó20 points down when championship stopped after 1 day. Looking to repeat & win 3 out of last 4 years .

Bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Standing ute View Post
    Ute Ski team in 2nd placeó20 points down when championship stopped after 1 day. Looking to repeat & win 3 out of last 4 years .

Bummer.
    Itís worse, they were actually in 1st by 32 points.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    Everybody saw this stat posted on Utefans? The turnover differential during Larry's tenure? Astounding. P.S. Not a positive differential. At least it is consistent.

2019-20 271

2018-19 334

2017-18 182

2016-17 270

2015-16 308

2014-15 179

2013-14 130

2012-13 293

2011-12 321

When do we start finding out about the transfers?
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo

Someone pointed out today that those turnover numbers are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    When do we start finding out about the transfers?
    Whenever they decide to enter the portal.

USU had a Guard enter today, as did UVU.

Wichita St. had 4 players, Kansas St 2, Vandy 3...so, news will come fast and furious if it is to come, I suspect. Just today nearly 40 players have entered the portal.
    ďIt only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.Ē

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Itís worse, they were actually in 1st by 32 points.

Paper today: they might be declared the winners.

Bill Walton will be so proud.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Standing ute View Post
    Paper today: they might be declared the winners.

Bill Walton will be so proud.
    At least itís actually built into their rules from the start!