Thread: The 2020 Conference Play Thread

Hybrid View

The team isn't built to win this season, so this is a fun, pleasant surprise. Regardless of the outcome I love date nights with my wife, but wins this season is just icing on the cake. I think the core of this team will stick together the next two years.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

What a defensive performance by the Utes! Carlson was definitely the head of the snake but I saw terrific play from every player out there. I really love Jantuunen's effort in particular.

The threes in overtime for Brenchley were terrific. Great to see a freshman have success in moments that really matter - gotta be a big boost for his confidence. His drive and dish to Carlson for the dunk provided the proverbial nail in the coffin as well. Great game.

Here it is - the great chance to get to .500 in conference play. It won't come around again. Gotta beat the Beavers!

Here's how I think the conference will pan out:

8-3 Colorado - @ Oregons, Socals, @Nocals @ Utah Predicted finish #1 14-4 (Lose to Oregon)
    7-4 Oregon - Mountains, @ AZs , Ore St , Nocals Predicted finish 13-5 (Lose @ AZ)
    6-4 Arizona - @ Nocals, Oregons, @Socals, Washes Predicted Finish 13-5 (Lose @ USC)
    6-4 ASU - @ Nocals, Oregons, @Socals, Washes Predicted Finish 10-8 (Lose @Stanford, Oregon, @ USC, @UCLa)

6-5 USC - Washs, @ Mountains, AZs, UCLA Predicted finish 12-8 (Lose @ Colo @ Utah)
    6-5 UCLA - Washs, @ Mountains, AZs, USC Predicted finish 10-8 (Lose @ Colo, @ Utah @ USC)
    5-5 Stanford - AZs, @ Wash , Mountains @ Oregons finish 8-10 (Lose AZ, Colo, Utah , Ore, @ Oregon St)
    5-6 Utah - @ Oregons , Socals, @ Nocals Colo Predicted Finish 9-9 (Lose @ Ore , Colo, USC)
    5-6 Wazzu @Socals, NoCALs @ Wash, @ AZ Predicted Finish 6-12 ( Lose @USC, @UCLA, Stanford, @Wash, @AZ, @ASU)
    4-6 Cal - AZs, @ Wash , Mountains @ Oregons finish 4-14 (Lose All games)
    4-7 Ore st Mountains, @ AZs , Oregon , Nocals Predicted finish 6-12 (beat Stanford & Cal)
    2-9 Wash @Socals, NoCALs , Wazzu @ AZ predicted Finish 3-15

Predicted tournament seeds

1. Colorado
    2. Arizona (win the tiebreaker cause they beat Colo)
    3. Oregon
    4. USC
    5. UCLA (Win tiebreaker cause they beat Colo)
    6. ASU
    7. Utah
    8. Stanford
    9. Oreg st
    10. Wazzu
    11. CaL
    12. Wash

Last edited by Mormon Red Death; 02-12-2020 at 11:03 AM.
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    Here's how I think the conference will pan out:

8-3 Colorado - @ Oregons, Socals, @Nocals @ Utah Predicted finish #1 14-4 (Lose to Oregon)
    7-4 Oregon - Mountains, @ AZs , Ore St , Nocals Predicted finish 13-5 (Lose @ AZ)
    6-4 Arizona - @ Nocals, Oregons, @Socals, Washes Predicted Finish 13-5 (Lose @ USC)
    6-4 ASU - @ Nocals, Oregons, @Socals, Washes Predicted Finish 10-8 (Lose @Stanford, Oregon, @ USC, @UCLa)

6-5 USC - Washs, @ Mountains, AZs, UCLA Predicted finish 12-8 (Lose @ Colo @ Utah)
    6-5 UCLA - Washs, @ Mountains, AZs, USC Predicted finish 10-8 (Lose @ Colo, @ Utah @ USC)
    5-5 Stanford - AZs, @ Wash , Mountains @ Oregons finish 8-10 (Lose AZ, Colo, Utah , Ore, @ Oregon St)
    5-6 Utah - @ Oregons , Socals, @ Nocals Colo Predicted Finish 9-9 (Lose @ Ore , Colo, USC)
    5-6 Wazzu @Socals, NoCALs @ Wash, @ AZ Predicted Finish 6-12 ( Lose @USC, @UCLA, Stanford, @Wash, @AZ, @ASU)
    4-6 Cal - AZs, @ Wash , Mountains @ Oregons finish 4-14 (Lose All games)
    4-7 Ore st Mountains, @ AZs , Oregon , Nocals Predicted finish 6-12 (beat Stanford & Cal)
    2-9 Wash @Socals, NoCALs , Wazzu @ AZ predicted Finish 3-15

Predicted tournament seeds

1. Colorado
    2. Arizona (win the tiebreaker cause they beat Colo)
    3. Oregon
    4. USC
    5. UCLA (Win tiebreaker cause they beat Colo)
    6. ASU
    7. Utah
    8. Stanford
    9. Oreg st
    10. Wazzu
    11. CaL
    12. Wash

I just hope we can get one win in the tournament. Haven’t we lost in the first game we have played the last 3 years? Or does it just seem that long.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Donnie Tillman is struggling at UNLV, last 4 games:

at halft tonight and hasn't played yet
    7 mins 2 points
    26 mins 8 points
    19 mins 5 points

Well... They won't shot 70% from 3 in the second half right?... Right?
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla