Thread: The 2020 Season

The 2020 Season

So who's going to do the write up? Applejack?
    Last edited by SeattleUte; 01-25-2020 at 07:04 PM.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo

Write-up of what? The football season? Too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Write-up of what? The football season? Too soon.
    Preseason.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo

Not a great start to spring camp. Especially given the state of the defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Not a great start to spring camp. Especially given the state of the defense.

Apparently Banton was Perriman’s roommate and is also under investigation for rape. Not sure if same rape or different. What a mess.

i wish there was Utah football...
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Me too, but the P12 has an itchy trigger finger. Bad move but what can you do right?

Hey guys! Long time. It looks like things are going well with you all.

I wanted to get the Ute 2020 talk started by saying that I am nervous about our linebackers!

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Hey guys! Long time. It looks like things are going well with you all.

I wanted to get the Ute 2020 talk started by saying that I am nervous about our linebackers!
    I think this whole season looks like a bit of a rebuild, but others are really optimistic. We'll see.

Thoughts:

A clear pattern has emerged over the past 2-3 years. Our offensive line holds up reasonably well against most teams, but we get wrecked every time we play against the three top recruiting teams in the Pac-12: UW, Oregon, and USC. Those schools go through us like we aren't there. I don't think you can blame coaches, unless you think a different coach could bring in 4 and 5-star offensive linemen.

We knew we'd miss Huntley, and last night was a reminder of just how good he was. This team really has no weapons at all. When you don't have anything that scares a defense, they can stack the box and destroy your offense. That's what happened during the Travis Wilson years, and I'm afraid that could happen with this team. There's no scary QB, no scary WRs, and no scary RB.

Anyone know where Covey was? The new little RB looked good. We need to go to Kuithe all game long.

It was bizarre to see us run 8 minutes off the clock in one drive in the 4th quarter down 13 points. Why not hurry things up a bit there?

People were so excited about Bentley because he came from the SEC. (1) The SEC is not known for stellar QB play, (2) South Carolina is more like an honorary member of the SEC, they've been horrible for a long time, and (3) South Carolina was not particularly sad about losing Bentley.

Hopefully Rising, gets well fast enough to get some serious game experience this season.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Thoughts:

A clear pattern has emerged over the past 2-3 years. Our offensive line holds up reasonably well against most teams, but we get wrecked every time we play against the three top recruiting teams in the Pac-12: UW, Oregon, and USC. Those schools go through us like we aren't there. I don't think you can blame coaches, unless you think a different coach could bring in 4 and 5-star offensive linemen.

We knew we'd miss Huntley, and last night was a reminder of just how good he was. This team really has no weapons at all. When you don't have anything that scares a defense, they can stack the box and destroy your offense. That's what happened during the Travis Wilson years, and I'm afraid that could happen with this team. There's no scary QB, no scary WRs, and no scary RB.

Anyone know where Covey was? The new little RB looked good. We need to go to Kuithe all game long.

It was bizarre to see us run 8 minutes off the clock in one drive in the 4th quarter down 13 points. Why not hurry things up a bit there?

People were so excited about Bentley because he came from the SEC. (1) The SEC is not known for stellar QB play, (2) South Carolina is more like an honorary member of the SEC, they've been horrible for a long time, and (3) South Carolina was not particularly sad about losing Bentley.

Hopefully Rising, gets well fast enough to get some serious game experience this season.
    Covey tweaked his knew the week before the game.
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    Covey tweaked his knew the week before the game.
    Thanks. I'm not sure it would have mattered. There was no time to throw.

I'm expecting UW to blitz often tonight until we prove we can make them pay for it.