Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: 2020 offseason thread

  1. #1

    2020 offseason thread

    Matt van komen will transfer.

  2. #2
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

    "And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

  3. #3
    Well, he was just taking a leave of absence from the U, right?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    Matt van komen will transfer.
    Lands at St. Marys. Will sit next year (might have been a good idea this year...).
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

    Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

  5. #5
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

    "And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

  6. #6
    This stinks. Gach was a dud and a detriment in 80% of his games for the Utes, but he was lightning amazing in the other 20%. It's awful that we couldn't capitalize on someone with his ability. He has a chance to the be the first of Larry's transfers to go on to anything meaningful (I guess Mawien is at the top of that little mountain now, maybe Daniels).

    I think it's clear enough that Harlan could come out and say it: this team must make the tournament or Larry's job is gone.

    I know people are high on our incoming class. I hope some of these new guys work out. I'm told Martinez is a sure thing. As a Duke fan, I know from experience that many "sure things" don't work out. But many do. I feel like a lot is riding on whether or not Martinez is great as a freshman.

  7. #7
    I don't give Larry a pass on too many transfers but I will on Both. It's unfortunate because Both has so much potential but he's getting bad advice from a few people close to him. Utah was optimistic that after getting good evaluations from a few NBA teams Both would come back ready to go to work. This is completely his decision. He's headed the Tillman direction - a far too inflated opinion of his game without the work ethic and self-awareness needed to improve.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •