Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NHL 2013 thread, or, the thread where only 3 posters participate

Quote Originally Posted by Redbird View Post
    Lindy Ruff fired by the Sabres. Surprising, although Buffalo has possibly the best goaltender in the league (Miller) and the best forward (Vanek), but are scuffling.
    Not really. New owner has spent a lot of coin and isn't seeing the results. It's only surprising because Ruff has been around for as long as he has.

I am of the mind that with the truncated season, the Sabres probably should have waited until the end of the season to replace him.

The message that the NHL is sending with the Hansen suspension:

Dear Thug Teams,

Please feel free to continue to target star players on other teams to improve your chances of having your inferior talent win. However, please make sure to have the targeting done by players without a previous history of discipline. In the alternative, make sure the targeting happens in the terror dome a.k.a. behind the net.

Sincerely,

The Gutless Red Wing
    Last edited by mpfunk; 02-21-2013 at 12:04 PM.
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    The message that the NHL is sending with the Hansen suspension:

Dear Thug Teams,

Please feel free to continue to target star players on other teams to improve your chances of having your inferior talent win. However, please make sure to have the targeting done by players without a previous history of discipline. In the alternative, make sure the targeting happens in the terror dome a.k.a. behind the talent.

Sincerely,

The Gutless Red Wing
    Have you heard how Hoss is doing? I have been scouring the interwebs with no updates to be found.

Quote Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
    Have you heard how Hoss is doing? I have been scouring the interwebs with no updates to be found.
    They are supposed to release an update today, but I haven't seen anything yet.
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

Hossa to play tonight. As much as I hate the fact that the Blackhawks employ Carcillo, he is also back on the ice tonight and it couldn't come soon enough. The NHL has sent a loud and clear message that this is still a league for thugs. The Blackhawks need our thug to combat against the likes of Phoenix and Vancouver.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nhl/story...an-jose-sharks
    --fjm.com

The hawks are fucking ridiculous.

The hawks are fucking ridiculous.
    Yes they are.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    --fjm.com

Another game, another victory. It is nice to have Crawford back in net, although Emery filled in admirably for him. I'm a little concerned with Hossa coming back so fast. I hope they aren't rushing him.

15-0-3

I wouldn't be surprised if the first regulation loss comes this week to the Blues. This run cannot last forever.
    --fjm.com

I forgot Oilers are the Blackhawks cryptonite. Looks like the run ends tonight.

--fjm.com

I forgot Oilers are the Blackhawks cryptonite. Looks like the run ends tonight.

Nope Blackhawks win again! Hossa!

Chicago, your streak ends tonight.

It will end sometime, but I can't pick against them right now.

--fjm.com

not sure why they are messing with the playoffs and league format. It would be really weird to have the Redwings in a different conference.

Makes a ton of sense for Winnipeg and Columbus. Even though it eliminates the rivalries with the Hawks and Blues, Detroit will like being in the Eastern time zone.

My biggest issue is competitive balance, especially with the Yotes ongoing issues. Even though it benefits the Blues by being in the 14-team West, that isn't great for the league for it to be unbalanced.

20 in a row.

--fjm.com

Avs match the Flames offer sheet to O'Reily, 2 years $10M, 6.5 of it next year

Somewhat surprised they matched.

20 in a row.

I expected a lot more from the Blues after 4 days off. Then the Hawks score a goal 12 fucking seconds into the game.

Y'all aren't going to lose a game until October.

I expected a lot more from the Blues after 4 days off. Then the Hawks score a goal 12 fucking seconds into the game.

Y'all aren't going to lose a game until October.
    This team is unreal. They start the season playing a ton of games on the road and win. They have played a lot of very good teams during their run and continue to win. They lose their starting goaltender and they continue to win.

Blackhawks goal differential is +27, the next best in the league is +16.

I've said it before, right now, the Blackhawks are playing a different game.
    --fjm.com

--fjm.com

Amazing. That no look pass from Towes to Seabrook for the win was just filthy.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

The Hawks' start has almost convinced me to get Center Ice this year. I really wish I could be watching more of their games.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Addison View Post
    The Hawks' start has almost convinced me to get Center Ice this year. I really wish I could be watching more of their games.
    The online package is $50. The TV package is $60. Completely worth it.

I am satisfied with how the Penguins are playing. Blackhawks are the team to beat, but if its a Hawks-Pens cup final it could go either way.

Blackhawks have got to improve the power play.

--fjm.com

Wake up Blackhawks. I don't want this streak to end at the hands of these bastards.

--fjm.com

KANER.

--fjm.com

What an amazing game. You have to hand it to Howard. That game should have been 3-0 before Tatars goal. Thank god for Kane. He has maybe been the best offensive player in all of the NHL this year. THat winning shootout goal was hilariously good.

Quote Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
    What an amazing game. You have to hand it to Howard. That game should have been 3-0 before Tatars goal. Thank god for Kane. He has maybe been the best offensive player in all of the NHL this year. THat winning shootout goal was hilariously good.
    Always a great game when the Blackhawks beat the Red Wings. Kane has been amazing this year. Hilariously good is the best way to describe that shootout goal.
    --fjm.com