Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NHL 2013 thread, or, the thread where only 3 posters participate

Quote Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
    This nearly brought a tear to my eye.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...ayoffs-i-swear

I love the NHL playoffs
    Fantastic article, and I agree. This is my favorite time of year.

Putting my predictions out there:

Hawks over Wild in 5
    Ducks over Wings in 6
    Sharks over Canucks in 6
    Blues over Kings in 7

Pens over Isles in 4
    Sens over Habs in 6
    Rangers over Caps in 7
    Bruins over Leafs in 6

Hawks over Sharks in 6
    Blues over Ducks in 6

Pens over Sens in 6
    Rangers over Bruins in 7

Hawks over Blues in 7
    Rangers over Pens in 6

Hawks over Rangers in 6

Hopefully I'm wrong about the Blues losing in the WCF.

Blues are playing really hard in the first period. They look awesome, but should be up more than 1-0. Gotta maintain this throughout the game and the series.

Overtime hockey x2. Ugh.

Blues were the better team most of the night. Glad to see them win it. The top line of Steen/Backes/Schwartz was awesome.

Wow what a start to the playoffs. Two overtimes. The blues looked very solid. Stupid play by quick at the end. That series is probably going the distance. The hawks were tested tonight by the Wild. Nothing is easy in the post season.

I knew the Isles would be overmatched against Pittsburgh, but man, that was pretty bad tonight.

Also, the Bruins look like a playoff-tested team, and Toronto looks like, well, they haven't played in the postseason in approximately 9 years.

WOOOOOO!!! what a game huh?

Man, I'm looking forward to the Caps v. Rangers tonight, along with Detroit v. Anaheim and MTL v. OTT series. What a great distraction from the football offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeybeard View Post
    WOOOOOO!!! what a game huh?

Man, I'm looking forward to the Caps v. Rangers tonight, along with Detroit v. Anaheim and MTL v. OTT series. What a great distraction from the football offseason.
    Fuck that. Football season is a good distraction between NHL postseasons.

Kings kicked our ass the first two periods, but we looked awesome in the 3rd. Jackman's shot to win it was awesome.

Man I love this time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbird View Post
    Amen.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

A little from Column A, a bit from Column B...

I thought for sure the Isles would get swept by the Pens. To see them overturn a 3-1 lead on the road the way they did is surprising and exciting. All the talent on that roster, with a little belief they could really push Pittsburgh this series.

Blackhawks playing like shit. Really no excuse for the Blackhawks playing like this or letting the Wild get a game in this series. I'm starting to really worry about our cup chances. The fact that the first game was competitive and the Blackhawks may lose this game is really disappointing.
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    Blackhawks playing like shit. Really no excuse for the Blackhawks playing like this or letting the Wild get a game in this series. I'm starting to really worry about our cup chances. The fact that the first game was competitive and the Blackhawks may lose this game is really disappointing.
    Not too terribly worried yet. If they play like this again in game 4 I will be concerned. The Wild absolutely had to have this game and they nearly gave it away. The Hawks finally woke up during the last five minutes in regulation and I expect them to play they way in game 4.

Blues fucking blew this game. Undisciplined, outskated, outhit.

And now we're a tired hockey team with no discernible momentum having to play back-to-back nights with a long flight from STL to LA in-between.

Hawks dominate defensively for the win. It ain't over but it's over.

This is killing me. Blues do everything well, and arguably outplayed the Kings, but can't score and lose in OT.

Fucking sucks.

This is killing me. Blues do everything well, and arguably outplayed the Kings, but can't score and lose in OT.

Fucking sucks.
    Yeah that was a weak goal to lose on. Tough loss for sure.

Looks like the Blackhawks will get San Jose unless the Red Wings can get the next 2 games. I'm not looking forward to Raffi Torres injuring a player to make sure his inferior team can win. Blackhawks need to do the NHL a favor and end his career with a cheap shot. If the Red Wing discipline idiot doesn't have the balls to do what was required, we will need to take the matter into our own hands.
    --fjm.com

Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    Looks like the Blackhawks will get San Jose unless the Red Wings can get the next 2 games. I'm not looking forward to Raffi Torres injuring a player to make sure his inferior team can win. Blackhawks need to do the NHL a favor and end his career with a cheap shot. If the Red Wing discipline idiot doesn't have the balls to do what was required, we will need to take the matter into our own hands.
    I am honestly very worried about what Torres will do. Which is the whole reason why he does what he does. It is fate for us to face his team for the third straight season (though it has been on three different teams) we need to exorcize this demon

I'm 3-for-3 in my playoff predictions so far. The Sens with Karlsson are a dangerous team, but the Habs might've been the coldest team coming into the postseason.

Hawks and Sharks just might be a 2nd-round match-up. It will be a very good series. This is the best Sharks team in many years, and they finished the season pretty strong, but it will take a terrific effort from Niemi. The Hawks looked good against everybody in the regular season, and the Sharks were no different.

I don't know how to feel about the Blues tonight. Hitchcock said Game 5 was one of St Louis' best performances all season, so if that's true, how can they respond with the necessary effort to overcome L.A. on the road?

I hate this but I want pure evil to win. Delay a Torres cheap shot, get an easier second round matchup, and let the tougher opponents beat themselves up.

--fjm.com

Big OT win for the Caps last night. The game was all over the place and the Rangers looked like they wanted it more, but the Caps are still the more talented team. Hopefully we'll see them close it out in New York tomorrow.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Sorry redbird. Tough loss to lose on a rocket from basically the blue line with 0.2 seconds left in the 2nd period.

Looks like Torres attempt to end a Blackhawks career may have to wait.

--fjm.com

I love the matchup between the Blackhawks and the Red Wings. It will bring me great joy for the Blackhawks to send the Red Wings home.

Red Wings play a wide open style and that plays right into the Blackhawks hands. Red Wings are not going to beat the Blackhawks at our own game.
    --fjm.com

Game 7 tonight here in Washington. The home team has won every game in the series thus far, but the Caps have not been playing the smartest hockey over the last few games. You can't give the other team 5 power plays and not draw any penalties...though that may just be a function of a bad officiating crew. Here's hoping for a game 7 win tonight!
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Kane should have been a finalist for the Hart trophy. Not sure what about Tavares fewer points and negative +/- made him a better candidate than Kane or Toews.
    --fjm.com