Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Working out.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    its National Pancake Day!

First of last October, I went hardcore and started counting calories everyday and working out 2-3 times a week. I try to eat between 1800-2000 calories each day. I've gone from 235 lbs to 195 lbs since and have added a little muscle.

The best thing is my fat ass fits so much better in the Huntsman Center seats that I think were designed for people from Mesopotamia 800 years ago.
    I really need to start doing this. I just don't have the discipline. And I'd probably be afraid to see just how many calories I eat in a day when I'm not paying attention. Could really stand to lose 15 pounds though. I assume that you used an app for logging your calories? Any tips?

I'd love to get something going that adds some motivation for me on this. I hit 40 last year and sad realization kicked in about getting in shape. Ive got a lot of weight I want to lose and get back down to close to my bike racing weight. Since mid-January I've been exercising at least an hour a day a minimum of 5 days a week.

The other time I had some weight to lose the thing that got me going was working with peers and truthfully putting some skin in the game. Me and a couple of buddies set some reasonable goals that put us all on equal footing of sorts, then we each pitched in $100. The person who got to their goal first got the cash. The most dangerous place on earth is between a Mormon and a dollar as you all know, so that worked great for me.

I don't know if any of you are interested in doing that sort of a thing as a motivator, if so it might be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    I really need to start doing this. I just don't have the discipline. And I'd probably be afraid to see just how many calories I eat in a day when I'm not paying attention. Could really stand to lose 15 pounds though. I assume that you used an app for logging your calories? Any tips?
    I used the my fitness pal journal app which tracks your calories and then deducts calories for your exercise. At first its a pain to use until you get into a routine and get all the food you typically eat stored into your saved selections. It easier if your diet is relatively the same week to week. I found it frustrating to see how much weight loss is more about diet than exercise. I think it's about 80% diet and 20% exercise (unless your in the gym 3 hours everyday).

I started off doing the Slim Fast shakes twice a day and then a regular dinner for the first 2-3 months. I would also do a low-carb Monster Energy Drink 1 hour before I exercised (less than 50 calories). Monster = not healthy but it helped me with energy to exercise and it was a good trade off for me. I found once I was used to the diet and my stomach had shrank. It wasn't to hard to keep on that diet.

The one thing I heard over and over that stuck with me about weight loss is Don't drink your calories. Stay away from regular soda, juices, milk, etc.