Thread: PAC 12 Network - Direct TV Update

PAC 12 Network - Direct TV Update

Not going to happen any time soon. Sounds more and more like the Mtn debacle.

http://epaper.ocregister.com/Olive/O...&view=ZW50aXR5
    All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.

Uniform Fashion Expert HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Boo! I really don't want to get Comcast, but it is starting to look like I might have too.

Forward, never straight Freaky Girl's Avatar
    Our housing development was built ten years ago, and Comcast didn't install any cables. So our only options are DirecTV and Dish. . I call DirecTV every few months and tell them I'm leaving them so I can get PAC 12, and they lower our rates. We went with them initially for MLB, but in the fall I think we will switch. I'd prefer Comcast and wish it were an option.

If it matters, I totally <3 Dish. Unless you absolutely must have NFL Sunday Ticket (I don't have the time to watch all those games) it is basically the same product, but their customer service is top shelf.

Stupid Directv. I'm switching to dish network in June when my 2 year cable contract expires.

No AMC on DISH, correct? That is pretty much a deal breaker for me.
    “The world is so exquisite with so much love and moral depth, that there is no reason to deceive ourselves with pretty stories for which there's little good evidence. Far better it seems to me, in our vulnerability, is to look death in the eye and to be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides.”
    Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by UtahDan View Post
    No AMC on DISH, correct? That is pretty much a deal breaker for me.
    Wait, maybe I'm thinking of Cox cable.
    “The world is so exquisite with so much love and moral depth, that there is no reason to deceive ourselves with pretty stories for which there's little good evidence. Far better it seems to me, in our vulnerability, is to look death in the eye and to be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides.”
    Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by UtahDan View Post
    Wait, maybe I'm thinking of Cox cable.
    There was a squabble a while back between Dish and AMC but it was resolved. AMC is back on Dish. Except for that brief period (a few weeks?) we've been happy with Dish. We are finding that Hulu, Netflix and similar services are giving us much better choices, though.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    There was a squabble a while back between Dish and AMC but it was resolved. AMC is back on Dish. Except for that brief period (a few weeks?) we've been happy with Dish. We are finding that Hulu, Netflix and similar services are giving us much better choices, though.
    Have you looked at the Blockbuster @home Dish offers? We're currently evaluating those kinds of services, and having it directly available on the Dish receiver would be nice. I'm wondering how it compares to Netflix, which we could stream through our Wii U on the game pad, keeping the TV free if the kiddos wanted to watch something.

Quote Originally Posted by Freaky Girl View Post
    Our housing development was built ten years ago, and Comcast didn't install any cables. So our only options are DirecTV and Dish. . I call DirecTV every few months and tell them I'm leaving them so I can get PAC 12, and they lower our rates. We went with them initially for MLB, but in the fall I think we will switch. I'd prefer Comcast and wish it were an option.
    I stream mlb.tv on my PS3 and roku. I've had both Comcast ans Dish and I prefer for the on-demand features

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    “The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively”
    ~Bob Marley

The lack of the MLB package is my deal breaker for Dish. This year, I kept DirecTV and signed up for Cox cable at a promotional rate ($20/month), never installed the cable box, and then have streamed all the P12 channel games through my computer onto my TV. I'll be dropping Cox now. If it looks like DirecTV won't have it next year either I may just go with Cox.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    Have you looked at the Blockbuster @home Dish offers? We're currently evaluating those kinds of services, and having it directly available on the Dish receiver would be nice. I'm wondering how it compares to Netflix, which we could stream through our Wii U on the game pad, keeping the TV free if the kiddos wanted to watch something.
    No, I haven't, but that looks like a good idea. I also subscribed to Amazon Prime but it turned out that it's not compatible with our Samsung TV. It is for the next model year after ours.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    LA, get a Roku.
    But we have a very smart TV! Amazon Prime is the one service that wasn't smart enough to make itself compatible.

--Yeats