Thread: Nacahoma's Long Gone: The 2013 Atlanta Braves Thread

Nacahoma's Long Gone: The 2013 Atlanta Braves Thread

The Braves are hitting bombs lately in Spring Training. They've scored 143 runs so far, but the pitching/defense have allowed 130 runs, so the record is 15-11. I'll be excited to watch this new team develop. No one remains from 1995. It's time to get another one.
    "This culture doesn't sell modesty. It sells "I am more modest than you" modesty." -- Two Utes

saw you and Dale Murphy exchanging tweets. My favorite player ever.

Quote Originally Posted by arizonaute View Post
    saw you and Dale Murphy exchanging tweets. My favorite player ever.
    Mine too. He's my hero. I'm a total fanboy. He was my grandma's home teacher when I was a kid, before I was even Mormon, and I loved him before I ever joined the Church. He was Atlanta in the 80's.
    "This culture doesn't sell modesty. It sells "I am more modest than you" modesty." -- Two Utes

The Upton Brothers are demonstrating some real talent this year. I pray they can keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by wuapinmon View Post
    The Upton Brothers are demonstrating some real talent this year. I pray they can keep it up.
    Only if by "the Upton Brothers" you mean "Justin Upton." BJ has sucked; one clutch home run does not make up for his other 2 singles in 24 AB.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    Only if by "the Upton Brothers" you mean "Justin Upton." BJ has sucked; one clutch home run does not make up for his other 2 singles in 24 AB.
    The only attribute more valuable than being clutch is being gritty.
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    The only attribute more valuable than being clutch is being gritty.
    I disagree. I think being a "winner" is bigger than clutch or grit.

Quote Originally Posted by UBlender View Post
    I disagree. I think being a "winner" is bigger than clutch or grit.
    Can you be a winner without clutch or grit?
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    Can you be a winner without clutch or grit?
    Only in the abstract universe where both competitors have zero clutch or grit and one has to prevail in the proverbial coin flip.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    Only in the abstract universe where both competitors have zero clutch or grit and one has to prevail in the proverbial coin flip.
    This abstract universe makes David Eckstein cry.
    --fjm.com

Great game tonight. The team was playing basic baseball and didn't let the lead get them down. I think that Upton's double was a homerun, but no harm done.

Been a fan since 1996...im hoping to see just one successful postseason run before I perish; I must say I am confident in the All Blacks, as well as the bullpen. Hopefully Brandon beachy can come back strong.

Still can't believe we got Justin Upton for Martin Prado--thank you, Kevin Towers!

That 2nd game last night was great. First time two brothers homer back-to-back in almost 80 years.

Quote Originally Posted by wuapinmon View Post
    That 2nd game last night was great. First time two brothers homer back-to-back in almost 80 years.
    DiMaggio brothers never did it?