When 700 gave that show to Gunther and Hackett they essentially said that the only thing that matters to them/their audience is college football. They are woefully unqualified to talk anything else (maybe NFL, but that's never really a big topic in this market).

I used to occasionally listen to Ben and Gunther, usually during brief moments where there were no other options. Ben knows the Jazz/NBA fairly well--I actually think he has some ability and could be a good host in the right situation. Ben would make some valid points about something and Gunther would always jump in and steer the conversation back to something very basic ("Al Jefferson is bad at defense!") or he'd show that he was incredibly out of his element.

Anyway, I haven't listened to more than about two minutes of Hackett and Gunther and I don't expect that to change anytime soon. I'm sure at some point I'll be hungry enough for college football that I'll tune in for a bit here and there. The only problem is that I don't trust these two in their Utes coverage all that much either. Their wheelhouse is telling stories from their playing days or giving an inside look at how Utah runs it's program (what it's like in film sessions, what it's like on road trips, etc). Once you get past that I have never found either of them all that informative on the current state of Utah football.