Thread: Sports Media (local and national)

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    While driving to a meeting this afternoon, I tuned into the Hackett and Gunther show. It's terrible. I'll bet those guys won't be on the air in six months.
    I feel bad for Bill. He works his tail off to get good guests and to be informed on topics and to present strong opinions (Ill forgive him for 'Beers with Bill'; Im still not sure who thinks a guy drinking a beer and talking about it for 15 minutes makes for good radio, but i suppose it brings in some money....). And then he signs off at 2 and we get fart jokes, cat stories, alien sightings, off topic tangents galore, uninformed takes (sometimes going into stuff that is blatantly made up), weird banter, and very, very little show prep. On more than one occasion, Ive wondered why a guest hasn't simply hung up on them.

It sounds like they will be hosting two hour pre game shows before football and then im guessing they will likely be taking calls after bill and frank wrap up. For whatever reason, ESPN 700 has opted for 2 hour runnin ute pregame shows in the past couple of years. I hope they drop it down to 1 and dont include kyle and tom, they are a joke.
    Last edited by UtahsMrSports; 08-29-2017 at 04:52 PM.