Thread: Sports Media (local and national)

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Mitchell knows a lot about football and has a lot more experience actually playing the game than Frank. I think he will be very insightful color commentator. Also, he has a calm demeanor. I can’t imagine him getting overwhelmed with excitement during a game. (I will say that Greg Wrubell’s constant 13 year-old girl screaming fits make it fun to listen to him for a minute or two once or twice a season.)
    I know and like Frank. However, his insight on Utah football was limited. He spent 0 time at practice and I don't really think he watched much film of Utah or its opponents. Over the past few years I have listened to Mitchell on the radio. After the first few times, I made it a point to listen to his recordings. I don't know if he went to practice, but it was clear that he had watched games and given them more than a cursory review. I don't listen to the radio broadcasts because I am usually at the games, but I now might be tempted to turn down the sound and listen to the radio broadcast when watching on television.

Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post
    I don't listen to the radio broadcasts because I am usually at the games, but I now might be tempted to turn down the sound and listen to the radio broadcast when watching on television.
    The 7 second radio delay makes it hard to listen while watching. But the insight of Bill, Bo, and Scott may be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post
    I know and like Frank. However, his insight on Utah football was limited. He spent 0 time at practice and I don't really think he watched much film of Utah or its opponents. Over the past few years I have listened to Mitchell on the radio. After the first few times, I made it a point to listen to his recordings. I don't know if he went to practice, but it was clear that he had watched games and given them more than a cursory review. I don't listen to the radio broadcasts because I am usually at the games, but I now might be tempted to turn down the sound and listen to the radio broadcast when watching on television.
    This. I love Mitchell’s interviews. I liked Dolce but I’m intrigued to what Mitchell can bring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ben Anderson and Kyle Gunther have grown on me. They are a pretty good radio duo. I find Ben Anderson pretty knowledgeable and pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    Ben Anderson and Kyle Gunther have grown on me. They are a pretty good radio duo. I find Ben Anderson pretty knowledgeable and pretty funny.
    Glad to see another person in the Gunther/Ben fan club.

Gunther needed somebody who could play Abbott to his Costello, Martin to his Lewis, or Rowan to his Martin. He and Hackett were just two clowns on stream of consciousness. Anderson brings analysis, insight, and information to the broadcast, and ties Gunther to reality to some extent.
    Last edited by concerned; 08-02-2018 at 01:11 PM.

He's definitely a better straight man to Kyle's antics than Tom.