Thread: Sports Media (local and national)

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    If you follow him at all, you know Clay Travis loves to rip on ESPN. His latest kick is to compare the daily "Get Up!" ratings on ESPN to Peppa Pig on Nickolodeon (the pig wins every day by a mile and its a dumb comparison for obvious reasons).

Hes been hammering on this show for a while. His main argument is that ESPN is spending nearly 15 million a year on salary for the 3 main hosts (michelle beadle, mike greenberg, and jalen rose) plus the cost of a new studio in manhattan after laying out a couple hundred people last year and the result is.........pretty boring.

I dont know the ins and outs of tv ratings, but I wonder how many businesses (be it a doctor's office, restaurant, car repair shop) just turn their tvs onto ESPN for their customers and leave it on all day. I am not trying to make a point here or suggest misleading information, but I really wonder how many people choose to sit down and watch Get Up!.
    Jalen should only be talking NBA. He's very good at it. Having him talk about other stuff just diminishes him.

Greenberg was with Golic for so long and their show was very good for so long, you had to wonder if he could lift others up around him. Early returns suggest he can't.

I want to like Michelle Beadle. She's talented, but she's no Doris Burke or Sarah Spain.

The Pac-12 Conference today reported record performance in total revenues and member distributions for the financial year 2016-2017, driven by strong year-on-year growth in media rights. For the first time ever, Pac-12 revenues topped the $500M mark at $509M total revenues, a 4% increase over the prior year. Member distributions also reached an all-time high at $371M, an 8% increase over the prior year.

http://pac-12.com/article/2018/05/03...-strong-growth

that equates to $31 million per school
    Last edited by Scorcho; 05-03-2018 at 11:43 AM.