Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pac-12 Survivor Pool: 2019

Pac-12 Survivor Pool: 2019

Welcome back! It's football time! And another season means another chance for you to enter and lose this contest with no discernible prize! Good luck!

The rules are the same as every year:
    1. Every week you have to pick one Pac-12 team to win against an FBS opponent. Do so be replying to this thread.
    2. You can not select that same team again during the year.
    3. Also, you cannot pick against the same team to lose again during the year. (For example, if you select our Utes over the Cougars in week 1, you can't choose USC over BYU in week 3 or Washington over BYU in week 4).
    4. Once you choose a game incorrectly, you are banished from the contest.
    5. To win, you must be the only person to correctly predict a game during a week.

OK, now that the legal stuff is out of the way, let's get down to it.

Here are this week's games:

UCLA @ Cincinnati (Thurs)
    Utah @ BYU (Thurs)
    Colorado State @ Colorado (Fri)
    Oklahoma State @ Oregon State (Fri)
    Kent State @ ASU
    Northwestern @ Stanford
    Auburn @ Oregon
    New Mexico State @ Washington State
    Fresno @ USC

INELIGIBLE:
    EWU @ Washington
    UC Davis @ Cal

BYE:
    Arizona, LOLOLOLOLOLOL
    Last edited by Applejack; 08-26-2019 at 10:48 AM.

Washington state

Colorado
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Stanford
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Welcome back! It's football time! And another season means another chance for you to enter and lose this contest with no discernible prize! Good luck!

The rules are the same as every year:
    1. Every week you have to pick one Pac-12 team to win against an FBS opponent. Do so be replying to this thread.
    2. You can not select that same team again during the year.
    3. Also, you cannot pick against the same team to lose again during the year. (For example, if you select our Utes over the Cougars in week 1, you can't choose USC over BYU in week 3 or Washington over BYU in week 4).
    4. Once you choose a game incorrectly, you are banished from the contest.
    5. To win, you must be the only person to correctly predict a game during a week.

OK, now that the legal stuff is out of the way, let's get down to it.
    Kent St is in the MAC... Therefore I select ASU
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

I am boycotting this thread because I am really bad at this and don't understand the rules anyway. I say this with love in my heart.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    Kent St is in the MAC... Therefore I select ASU
    I did not know that. Who let them in?

(I've edited the original)

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    I am boycotting this thread because I am really bad at this and don't understand the rules anyway. I say this with love in my heart.
    Fine. Your admission to not understanding basic legal rule analysis suffices as an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Fine. Your admission to not understanding basic legal rule analysis suffices as an excuse.
    I do enjoy the score prediction competition. Those rules are simple enough for me to bother understanding. I'm saying this with love in my heart still.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Stanford

Washington State
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

Colorado
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

University of Lori Loughlin

Colorado.

I'll take the Washington State University Beavs!!!!

CU - just visited Boulder for the second time. Still not impressed.

Votes thusfar:

ASU
    UBlender
    MRD
    Sullyute

Colorado
    Chrisenrut
    Heike (welcome!)
    Concerned
    Utah Mr Sports
    Uteopia
    SoCalPat
    Snafu
    Scratch
    C-Monster
    Hostile

Washington State
    Senioritis
    Noney
    Applejack
    Muuser

USC
    LuckyUte

Stanford
    Scorcho
    DnF

Arizona + UCLA
    LAUte

Colorado

--Yeats

Everyone Survives!

Last week's results:

ASU
    UBlender
    MRD
    Sullyute

Colorado
    LaUTE
    Chrisenrut
    Heike (welcome!)
    Concerned
    Utah Mr Sports
    Uteopia
    SoCalPat
    Snafu
    Scratch
    C-Monster
    Hostile

Washington State
    Senioritis
    Noney
    Applejack
    Muuser

USC
    LuckyUte

Stanford
    Scorcho
    DnF

There are a lot of home games across the Pac this week with some juicy inter-conference affairs (Go Cardinal!).

This week's games:
    Nebraska @ Colorado
    Northern Illinois @ Utah
    San Diego St @ UCLA
    Nevada @ Oregon
    CAL @ Washington
    Stanford @ USC
    Oregon State @ Hawaii

Non-FBS opponents:
    Sacramento St @ Arizona State (let me know if this week's ASU opponent is FCS, MRD), Northern Arizona @ Arizona, Northern Colorado @ Washington State