Thread: USC Hires Andy Enfield

USC Hires Andy Enfield

I am starting to wonder if USC prioritizes the attractiveness of the coach's spouse a little too high. Between Mrs. Kiffin and now Enfield's former supermodel wife they have that quite covered.

But seriously, Enfield seems like a risky hire. He looked great in the tournament but I am always a bit leery of the coach whose resume rests on one or two (possibly fluky) games in March. Not to take anything away from FGCU, but if I'm making that hire I prefer someone with more long-term success.

Uniform Fashion Expert HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    He should get better players than FGCU, Romar has had success in the regular season with fun and gun and little defense, as did Kent for a stretch at Oregon. I could see him being successful there.

Good hire. He built that program up from nothing two years ago. Beat Miami in the regular season this year. The tournament was not a fluke, and I saw one writer predict that FLGC might surprise.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo

I think that is a solid hire. He is not as much of a pan flash as people think - he's been coaching for some time. He runs a fun system that California kids will love. I think he'll get USC on the right track. And quickly.

Only time will tell. His team did not win the regular season in the conference and lost twice to Lipscomb, which was 7-11 in the conference. His team did get hot in the tournament and played a fun style of basketball when they had nothing to lose. Win or lose, he has to feel good about where he is when he gets in bed at night.

Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post
    Only time will tell. His team did not win the regular season in the conference and lost twice to Lipscomb, which was 7-11 in the conference. His team did get hot in the tournament and played a fun style of basketball when they had nothing to lose. Win or lose, he has to feel good about where he is when he gets in bed at night.
    Get your mind out of the gutter already. :-)

It's great to be in a conference where the schools hire such sexy coaches. But god help us if USC ever makes the right hire. It's been a sleeping giant forever.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo

I bet a quarter they're divorced within 5 years, after she goes Hollywood.

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    It's great to be in a conference where the schools hire such sexy coaches. But god help us if USC ever makes the right hire. It's been a sleeping giant forever.
    Anyone know what Henry Bibby's wife looked like? He's been USC's best coach in my lifetime.

somewhat odd that you would fire a coach in mid January, and then hire a coach you had probably never heard of until two weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
    Get your mind out of the gutter already. :-)
    I assumed he would be living on the beach in Pacific Palisades, Santa Monica or Malibu. I know I would feel good getting in bed every night if I lived in one of those places.

To me, this proves that USC isn't serious about basketball. While he seems like a solid coach, he has yet to prove it year over year that he can sustain a program.

If USC was serious, they would've made a run at Howland or Tubby.

Blog Entries
    Anyone know what Henry Bibby's wife looked like? He's been USC's best coach in my lifetime.
    I remember the Pit Crew at old Mac Court chanting "Your son hates you" at Henry during the 2001-02 season. 7, Pac 10 teams made the dance that year, both Arizona schools, all four Cali schools and conference champion Oregon. There were some wars that year in conference.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    I remember the Pit Crew at old Mac Court chanting "Your son hates you" at Henry during the 2001-02 season. 7, Pac 10 teams made the dance that year, both Arizona schools, all four Cali schools and conference champion Oregon. There were some wars that year in conference.
    And, IIRC, USC went further than all of them, making it to the Elite 8 before losing to Duke (?)

Blog Entries
    And, IIRC, USC went further than all of them, making it to the Elite 8 before losing to Duke (?)
    Oregon also went E8 losing to Kansas.