Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What happened to CUF?

What happened to CUF?

Karma. Good riddance.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo

Of course I'm kidding. I hope JL is okay.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

--Philo

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Is there a new ETA?

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Addison View Post
    Is there a new ETA?
    Sometime in the next hour (I hope).

Message Board Vagabond UteBeliever aka Port's Avatar
    Moose is getting more sophisticated.

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Karma. Good riddance.
    Fuck you. We're done.

who said that? It's bugging me.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy Lied View Post
    No way that's actually YOhio.
    "This culture doesn't sell modesty. It sells "I am more modest than you" modesty." -- Two Utes

Quote Originally Posted by wuapinmon View Post
    Agreed. It's gotta be moose.
    "Ninety feet between home plate and first base may be the closest man has ever come to perfection." - Red Smith

Mike Waters on cougarguard.com in an argument with Seattle Ute.
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    Of course it's yohio.

--Albert Einstein

--Richard Dawkins

--Philo

Wouldnt it be fun to meet moose or his pal hoyos revenge in real life? I wonder what they are like?

Agreed.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Agreed.

Oh, he'd say that, but there'd be sarcasm behind it. My particular reading noted none.
    "This culture doesn't sell modesty. It sells "I am more modest than you" modesty." -- Two Utes

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    Nope. It was Mike Waters to UtahDan.

It is YO. His Carbonite genetics tend to leak out of the well polished facade from time to time. Good to see him recognize who he is and embraced it.
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

No one moved CUF to CG during the down time. UB5 is the preferred surrogate.

No one moved CUF to CG during the down time. UB5 is the preferred surrogate.
    They are revealing tales of the past. A history that you and I were not part of.

We are back up.
    But apparently not for long...

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    But apparently not for long...
    Yep. Attacked returned. *#$@%@@!!

Sorry, JL.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Yep. Attacked returned. *#$@%@@!!
    do you know where they're coming from? Who's trying to put us out of business?

If this keeps up I'm going to have to start liking Utah sports teams! CUF is my last connection! Help me Dude!

Hey, let's use this thread as the backup communications channel for CS! Nobody's DDSing this baby.

Hey, let's use this thread as the backup communications channel for CS! Nobody's DDSing this baby.
    It's like when a different faith's church burned down in our area and we loaned them our building for meetings until they found alternate facilities. Thanks, UB5!

Quote Originally Posted by woot View Post
    If this keeps up I'm going to have to start liking Utah sports teams! CUF is my last connection! Help me Dude!
    My plan has begun to take root! With CougarUteStadium down, we have the opportunity to begin spreading the gospel of the University that Brigham Young actually founded.

We will start, of course, with the Cougar fans who are completely non-believing, inactive mormons: Woot, Flystripper, etc. This is the low-hanging fruit. Why cheer for a University that centers around beliefs you find incredible or even harmful? After that, we target the ProgMos - Lebowski, PhilippDiddy, etc. Just like gay marriage, it might take awhile to come to the light for these folks, but it's inevitable. The last stage will be the Legacy Donors: PaloAlto, Pelegrino, etc. This is the hardest case to make. I'll turn missionary duties over to LAUTE on this one.

Unfortunately, some hearts are hardened beyond the power of the Holy Ghost of Majerus: Surfah, Cougjunkie. But, as the scriptures say, "There must be a light and a dark, or something like that."

Uniform Fashion Expert HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    My plan has begun to take root! With CougarUteStadium down, we have the opportunity to begin spreading the gospel of the University that Brigham Young actually founded.

We will start, of course, with the Cougar fans who are completely non-believing, inactive mormons: Woot, Flystripper, etc. This is the low-hanging fruit. Why cheer for a University that centers around beliefs you find incredible or even harmful? After that, we target the ProgMos - Lebowski, PhilippDiddy, etc. Just like gay marriage, it might take awhile to come to the light for these folks, but it's inevitable. The last stage will be the Legacy Donors: PaloAlto, Pelegrino, etc. This is the hardest case to make. I'll turn missionary duties over to LAUTE on this one.

Unfortunately, some hearts are hardened beyond the power of the Holy Ghost of Majerus: Surfah, Cougjunkie. But, as the scriptures say, "There must be a light and a dark, or something like that."
    Who is PhillipDiddy? Also why don't I count?

We are down for another day. The attacks bring down not just our site but every site on the same server (theoretically, it could impact this site as we share the same hosting company) so they have no choice but to shut down the IP address when the attack is happening. Sorry.

Just got off the phone with the hosting service. Looking into some nuclear options.

I appreciate our UB5 friends letting me provide some updates here.