Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What happened to CUF?

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    My plan has begun to take root! With CougarUteStadium down, we have the opportunity to begin spreading the gospel of the University that Brigham Young actually founded.

We will start, of course, with the Cougar fans who are completely non-believing, inactive mormons: Woot, Flystripper, etc. This is the low-hanging fruit. Why cheer for a University that centers around beliefs you find incredible or even harmful? After that, we target the ProgMos - Lebowski, PhilippDiddy, etc. Just like gay marriage, it might take awhile to come to the light for these folks, but it's inevitable. The last stage will be the Legacy Donors: PaloAlto, Pelegrino, etc. This is the hardest case to make. I'll turn missionary duties over to LAUTE on this one.

Unfortunately, some hearts are hardened beyond the power of the Holy Ghost of Majerus: Surfah, Cougjunkie. But, as the scriptures say, "There must be a light and a dark, or something like that."
    No kidding? Pellegrino is a legacy donor?

My plan has begun to take root! With CougarUteStadium down, we have the opportunity to begin spreading the gospel of the University that Brigham Young actually founded.

We will start, of course, with the Cougar fans who are completely non-believing, inactive mormons: Woot, Flystripper, etc. This is the low-hanging fruit. Why cheer for a University that centers around beliefs you find incredible or even harmful? After that, we target the ProgMos - Lebowski, PhilippDiddy, etc. Just like gay marriage, it might take awhile to come to the light for these folks, but it's inevitable. The last stage will be the Legacy Donors: PaloAlto, Pelegrino, etc. This is the hardest case to make. I'll turn missionary duties over to LAUTE on this one.

Unfortunately, some hearts are hardened beyond the power of the Holy Ghost of Majerus: Surfah, Cougjunkie. But, as the scriptures say, "There must be a light and a dark, or something like that."
    Ha. Thanks. I need a laugh or two right now.

Uniform Fashion Expert HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't think the real YOhio would use the language of the gutter like that. I'd guess that it could be a failed 80s child star usurping the good name of YOhio like Fred Savage or the Silver Spoons guy.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    I don't think the real YOhio would use the language of the gutter like that. I'd guess that it could be a failed 80s child star usurping the good name of YOhio like Fred Savage or the Silver Spoons guy.
    I don't know yohio in person but no way that's the real one.

If CS is not up soon, we're gonna have to start a Bigfoot thread here to keep up with the pending breakthrough news.

Who is PhillipDiddy? Also why don't I count?
    You are a tough sell because you have a second (or first?) love that is also in conference cahoots with the Utes. We would, of course, love to have you on the bandwagon, but Oregon loses very few recruits to the Utes.

You are a Duck fan. We can't compete with Uncle Phil's money.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

Notwithstanding their hardness of heart, we must press on.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    We are down for another day. The attacks bring down not just our site but every site on the same server (theoretically, it could impact this site as we share the same hosting company) so they have no choice but to shut down the IP address when the attack is happening. Sorry.

Just got off the phone with the hosting service. Looking into some nuclear options.

I appreciate our UB5 friends letting me provide some updates here.
    Sorry to hear about the problems, JL. Maybe it's time for the laying on of hands. Or the careful application of a boot straight to, well, wherever a boot would go in this case.

(Maybe this is just my inherent Mormonness, but when stuff like this happens, I secretly feel that somehow I did it--somehow one of my posts broke the website. Come to think of it, if you need any further proof that Mormons are really of the house of Israel, just look at how Mormons and Jews do guilt like nobody's business).

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Tic View Post
    Sorry to hear about the problems, JL. Maybe it's time for the laying on of hands. Or the careful application of a boot straight to, well, wherever a boot would go in this case.

(Maybe this is just my inherent Mormonness, but when stuff like this happens, I secretly feel that somehow I did it--somehow one of my posts broke the website. Come to think of it, if you need any further proof that Mormons are really of the house of Israel, just look at how Mormons and Jews do guilt like nobody's business).
    No one can guilt like an unmarried, 50-yr old female Catholic theology teacher.

That sucks. Does anyone know who did it to CS yet? If this was Moose, how pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeUte View Post
    That sucks. Does anyone know who did it to CS yet? If this was Moose, how pathetic.
    Yes. No matter who did it, pathetic. Losers.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

That would be my guess.

That would be my guess.
    If so he has moved beyond being an insufferable jerk to malicious and illegal behavior.

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    No one can guilt like an unmarried, 50-yr old female Catholic theology teacher.
    I'll see your 50-yr old female Catholic theology teacher, and raise you one BYU religion professor who taught her class that oral sex was a sin against nature. My BIL and his wife believe this, the poor poor bastards. They're going through life never knowing such sublime pleasures because of one teacher's %^&&*()(&^ prudishness. One of my SILs got raunchy one night while we were all sitting around playing cards, and my other SIL, all haughty, told the story about their prof, and then said, "It's not natural." My response, something like, "It feels pretty damned natural to me," is still among my favorite things I've ever said.
    "This culture doesn't sell modesty. It sells "I am more modest than you" modesty." -- Two Utes

Quote Originally Posted by wuapinmon View Post
    I'll see your 50-yr old female Catholic theology teacher, and raise you one BYU religion professor who taught her class that oral sex was a sin against nature. My BIL and his wife believe this, the poor poor bastards. They're going through life never knowing such sublime pleasures because of one teacher's %^&&*()(&^ prudishness. One of my SILs got raunchy one night while we were all sitting around playing cards, and my other SIL, all haughty, told the story about their prof, and then said, "It's not natural." My response, something like, "It feels pretty damned natural to me," is still among my favorite things I've ever said.
    Animal.

What's the deal with this Moose person? Is he some kind of renegade Chinese hacker? Signs of the times from the Bible, I tell ya.

That would be my guess.
    Not his M.O. I would guess RF before moose.
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

That would be my guess.
    If he has a consistent IP address and you have more to go on than just suspicion, I think you can easily get at the guy and refer the case for prosecution. You could file civil charges as well.

that guy has problems...

I highly doubt that RF cares at all about CUF anymore. His absence here (I imagine he doesn't even know it exists) should give us an indication that it isn't him. Because, if it were, you just know that he couldn't resist showing up and being coy.
    "This culture doesn't sell modesty. It sells "I am more modest than you" modesty." -- Two Utes

FWIW, years ago Webmonkey had a problem on UFN by a poster named xx96, who liked to attack his servers. Webmonkey ultimately became so upset by the repeated attacks that he spent a great deal of his personal time and resources to track him down, and found that he worked in the pharmacy at the Springville Wal-Mart.

Whether he and Moose are the same is anyone's guess.
    When I told him of some of my colleagues' intellectual objections to gospel issues, he said, "Well, Brother Madsen, if only they had the Spirit they wouldn't talk this way. If only they had the Spirit."
    -Truman G. Madsen, with Spencer W. Kimball

Quote Originally Posted by wuapinmon View Post
    I highly doubt that RF cares at all about CUF anymore. His absence here (I imagine he doesn't even know it exists) should give us an indication that it isn't him. Because, if it were, you just know that he couldn't resist showing up and being coy.
    You mean like Viking is doing?

(kidding, Viking)

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    If so he has moved beyond being an insufferable jerk to malicious and illegal behavior.

He passed that a few years ago. I think he's DDoS'd utefans once or twice.

One other thing: Webmonkey's circle of friends on UFN includes state employees and police officers, so once he knew xx97's identity, he was able to obtain a great deal of personal info, including his family. So when he confronted xx97 at the pharmacy and showed him what he knew, Webmonkey essentially told him to never return or it would all be made public.

Apparently so far it's worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Switzerland View Post
    One other thing: Webmonkey's circle of friends on UFN includes state employees and police officers, so once he knew xx97's identity, he was able to obtain a great deal of personal info, including his family. So when he confronted xx97 at the pharmacy and showed him what he knew, Webmonkey essentially told him to never return or it would all be made public.

Apparently so far it's worked.
    Probably not something you should be putting on the Internet

I think he goes by Phidipidirty money now.
    “The world is so exquisite with so much love and moral depth, that there is no reason to deceive ourselves with pretty stories for which there's little good evidence. Far better it seems to me, in our vulnerability, is to look death in the eye and to be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides.”
    Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by CardiacCoug View Post
    You mean like Viking is doing?

(kidding, Viking)
    uh, yeah, I may think creekster is a grade A hoser and JL is kind of imprudent but I am a law abiding type of guy and would never even dream of doing something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Tic View Post

I'm interested in this. My understanding is that the stereotypical Jewish guilt is the cultural "you've let down your mother" kind, whereas Christian (i.e., Catholic & to a lesser extent Mormon guilt) is theologically based in Original Sin. The Jews I know don't have the same concept of "sin" as Christians. Don't get me wrong - Jews seem to have ethics worked out much better than Mormons do - but ancient peoples didn't conceive of guilt on a personal level like modern ones (it's a variation of the shame-culture vs. guilt-culture paradigm laid out by ER Dodds)

So, not calling you out or anything, Hairy Tic. Just looking for insight.
    σοφῷ ἀνδρὶ Ἑλλὰς πάντα.
    -- Flavius Philostratus, Life of Apollonius 1.35.2.

Quote Originally Posted by clackamascoug View Post
    If CS is not up soon, we're gonna have to start a Bigfoot thread here to keep up with the pending breakthrough news.
    No kidding. In fact, this very well could be my fault. The Bigfoot Evidence Blog just suffered an attempted cyberattack during their most recent podcast, which appears to be the MIB trying to shut them down from talking about the Myakka skunk ape. Can it really be a coincidence that right after I post about the Myakka skunk ape, CS falls to a cyberattack?

I have always enjoyed creekster.

--Yeats