Thread: Deshaun Thomas' classy gesture in the tOSU Student newspaper

Deshaun Thomas' classy gesture in the tOSU Student newspaper

I hope this kids remains for his Sr. year. But the letter he wrote giving praise to the "non-revenue" sports was very cool. He mentions Logan Steiber (2X NCAA Wrestling Champ. Won as Fr. and Soph now). Fencing athlete, and 2 gymnasts as well.

That was very humble of him and classy..

http://www.thelantern.com/sports/let...0#.UVwnFqJQFyw

See YO. Not everything or everyone at tOSU is bad..

It's weird how they identify letter-writers as "third-year" or "fourth-year."

Not a bad decision, since the way people assign "classes" is often out of whack with how long they've been on campus, but still weird to read.

I guess that's how they roll at tOSU.
    σοφῷ ἀνδρὶ Ἑλλὰς πάντα.
    -- Flavius Philostratus, Life of Apollonius 1.35.2.

I think Deshaun did that himself.. Since it has his name, Academic program he is in, and his email address (Which I was surprised to see considering who he is). He is a Junior but I do find it weird as well..

Quote Originally Posted by dabrockster View Post
    I think Deshaun did that himself.. Since it has his name, Academic program he is in, and his email address (Which I was surprised to see considering who he is). He is a Junior but I do find it weird as well..
    They publish student and faculty email assesses (most every school does) so there's really no reason for him to not put it.

This is true.. But it takes a little effort to find it. In this case it is out there in public view and posted as news nationally.. I am sure he inbox is full now..

Quote Originally Posted by Solon View Post
    It's weird how they identify letter-writers as "third-year" or "fourth-year."

Not a bad decision, since the way people assign "classes" is often out of whack with how long they've been on campus, but still weird to read.

I guess that's how they roll at tOSU.
    I checked out a few additional letters-to-the-editor and they were all signed with "third-year in ___" or whatever.
    It's pretty standard to put your major or class year in a letter to a college newspaper. The terminology was different (to me).
    σοφῷ ἀνδρὶ Ἑλλὰς πάντα.
    -- Flavius Philostratus, Life of Apollonius 1.35.2.