Thread: And heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer's Fallon!

And heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer's Fallon!

After months of speculation, a slew of news stories, a ton of late-night jokes and a Jay Leno-Jimmy Fallon duet, NBC has set a date for Leno’s departure fromThe Tonight Show and has officially anointed Fallon as the new host of the venerable late-night franchise

I am excited for Fallon. I think this one goes well... Unlike Conan's..

http://www.deadline.com/2013/04/nbc-...-over-in-2014/

I hope he doesn't change a thing when he moves time slots. They better not mess with the content and format of his show.

Quote Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
    I hope he doesn't change a thing when he moves time slots. They better not mess with the content and format of his show.
    This. A million times this. The guy is so creative, he needs and deserves and even merits true carte blanche.
    "This culture doesn't sell modesty. It sells "I am more modest than you" modesty." -- Two Utes

I've already bragged up our excellent (and unmarried!) daughter who landed the gig as music administrator for the Fallon show several weeks ago. As long as she doesn't screw up (one must allow for such things in our family), she'll continue this for the Tonight Show. She loves the job, although Fallon's frequent improvisations (esp. during JT Week) make securing licensing on very short notice a bit of a challenge. We'll visit her later this year and part of me wishes she'll introduce me to her fiance', Questlove.

Uniform Fashion Expert HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    I've already bragged up our excellent (and unmarried!) daughter who landed the gig as music administrator for the Fallon show several weeks ago. As long as she doesn't screw up (one must allow for such things in our family), she'll continue this for the Tonight Show. She loves the job, although Fallon's frequent improvisations (esp. during JT Week) make securing licensing on very short notice a bit of a challenge. We'll visit her later this year and part of me wishes she'll introduce me to her fiance', Questlove.
    I expect an invitation to that wedding! FWIW, I give great gifts.

I like this, except for the part about moving to New York.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    I expect an invitation to that wedding! FWIW, I give great gifts.
    I'm adding you in your stunning Easter ensemble to my dream.

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    Can you score me tickets? I went to Conan a couple of times. I've wanted to go to Fallon for a while. Those shows are fun to go to.

Quote Originally Posted by CJF View Post
    Can you score me tickets? I went to Conan a couple of times. I've wanted to go to Fallon for a while. Those shows are fun to go to.
    Agreed about the fun of sitting in the studio audience, although one of my most uncomfortable moments came during a Kanye performance on Letterman. The audience was prompted to start "raising the roof" or whatever that move is called where everyone pumps their hands high over their heads. I was torn between looking like a passive grump or like a pathetic old guy hipster. I achieved the worst of all worlds, moving my arms slightly, and looking pretty pissed while I was doing it.

And the Fallon daughter sat in on the Colbert show recently. Before the show began, he did a Q&A with the audience, and she asked him, "What's the greatest moment you've had in show business?" He responded, "You mean other than this moment right now?" Good dude.

I'll get you tickets but only after I've gotten mine.