Thread: Good finds on Netflix

Hybrid View

I just watched a Netflix movie produced and directed by Emelio Estevez called the way. It stars Martin Sheen and is the story of a trek across El Camino de Santiago de Compostela. It was worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post
    I just watched a Netflix movie produced and directed by Emelio Estevez called the way. It stars Martin Sheen and is the story of a trek across El Camino de Santiago de Compostela. It was worth watching.
    I've seen that and fully agree.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

I'll second the House of Cards original Netflix series. Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright play a powerful DC couple with ambitions of title and power, and both are brilliant in their roles.

This show is unique in that Spacey occasionally stops mid-scene, turns to the camera and gives a short narrative of what he's feeling or additional insight into what's going on at the moment. It's original and I'm sure will be copied by other TV Producers.

Who would have thought Netflix could have produced such quality. This is a great show. It's got a little nudity, some swearing and sexual situations. I'd probably rate it a hard PG-13 or a soft R.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    I'll second the House of Cards original Netflix series. Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright play a powerful DC couple with ambitions of title and power, and both are brilliant in their roles.

This show is unique in that Spacey occasionally stops mid-scene, turns to the camera and gives a short narrative of what he's feeling or additional insight into what's going on at the moment. It's original and I'm sure will be copied by other TV Producers.

Who would have thought Netflix could have produced such quality. This is a great show. It's got a little nudity, some swearing and sexual situations. I'd probably rate it a hard PG-13 or a soft R.
    I'd call it a hard R when Spacey goes down on someone with little left to the imagination.
    "This culture doesn't sell modesty. It sells "I am more modest than you" modesty." -- Two Utes

Banned
    I just found the AMC television series "Hell on Wheels" on Netflix.

Has anyone else here given this show a go?

I like it! It is about building the Union Pacific Railroad across the West just after the end of the Civil War. Hell on wheels is the encampment that follows the progress of the line as it moves forward. Ambition, Indians, freed slaves, remaining North - South tensions, gunfighters, politics, prostitutes, preachers, blood and whiskey... It's a gritty Western series.

Oh and soon to be... Mormons.
    Last edited by Devildog; 11-04-2013 at 11:32 AM.

Just watched the first 2 seasons of "Sherlock." It's a BBC show with 3 90 minute episodes each season. I can't recommend it strongly enough; it's absolutely fantastic TV. Each episode is like its own movie with some over-arching themes.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    Just watched the first 2 seasons of "Sherlock." It's a BBC show with 3 90 minute episodes each season. I can't recommend it strongly enough; it's absolutely fantastic TV. Each episode is like its own movie with some over-arching themes.
    We're hooked on it too.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell